[RESOLVED] App Login via Google does not work

Oliver Caron
Oliver Caron EN Pro Posts: 3 Beginner
edited January 30 in Ask the Community

Dear all,

I am using MeisterTask for years now and just recently, whenever I start MeisterTask and click "Login with Google", it opens a Chrome Tab, alerts "Click to open with MeisterTask" and then, the app reloads and shows the same Ad Landingpage for logged out users over and over again. I deleted all locale storage and cookie entries, I have reinstalled the whole app.. Nothing works. In Chrome and on other machines it just works.

Any idea? This is the Landingpage I cannot get rid of:

Thanks. O

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
    edited February 5 Answer ✓

Hi!

[Update 05.02] This is now fixed for all users.

Good news - This issue should be fixed for all users who downloaded the MT app from this page and have the most up-to-date version.

If you downloaded the app through the Microsoft Store, the fix will take a while longer. I recommend these users delete the app and redownload it from the page linked above. (Just be sure to delete/ uninstall the app first).

Best,

Miša

Answers

• Paolo Bombardieri
    Paolo Bombardieri EN Business Posts: 7 Beginner

Hi I have problems with accessing the Meister Task desktop app ... it happened because the subscription had expired and did not go automatically ...

If I log in, Chrome opens for me, I choose the Google email then go back to the App and see your home site ...

• 柳井 霞
    柳井 霞 EN Basic Posts: 6 Beginner
    edited November 2022

I cannot login to MeisterTask from the MeisterTask app.

MeisterTask login button -> login to Google -> browser opens -> app returns to initial screen

The app returns to the initial screen.

I have deleted and reinstalled the app, but the same problem occurs.

MeisterTask

Version 2.3.0 (2.3.0)

Mac OS 12.4

MeisterTaskのアプリからMeisterTaskにログインができません。MeisterTaskのログインボタン→Googleにログイン→ブラウザが開く→アプリが初期画面に戻る

という状態です。アプリを削除・再インストールしましたが、同じ事象が発生します。

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    edited November 2022

Hi @oc, @tFyj8RUdsXe6 , and @Bombers-AD, I've merged all of your threads, since it seems you are all facing the same issue since yesterday. Our developers are taking a look at this right now - I'll keep you updated here!

In the meantime, the MeisterTask web apps should work on any browser - sorry for the inconvenience!

EDIT: Hi all - our developers implemented a fix for this issue a few moments ago - thanks everyone for bringing this to our attention!

Best,

Andrew

• Andrew Lapidus
    edited November 2022

Hi all - our developers implemented a fix for this issue a few moments ago - thanks everyone for bringing this to our attention!

-Andrew

• Oliver Caron

**** yeah! That was fast :)

Working like a charm again. Thanks a lot to everyone involved.

O.

• Jeremy Boerger
    Jeremy Boerger EN Pro Posts: 6 Beginner

I have been having this same issue for the last couple of days. It was working yesterday and now not today (15Nov).

• Jeremy Boerger

Working today - will report back if it stops again. Thanks much.

• Andrew Lapidus

Glad to hear it's working again, @JLBoerger, but please keep us updated! our engineering team is currently making some significant changes to the software environment the App runs on, so this might be causing some small hiccups.

Best,

Andrew

• Olivia Milton-Thompson
    Olivia Milton-Thompson EN Basic Posts: 6 Beginner

Hello,

I am having issues now being able to login to the desktop app as discussed above.

It was working last week but hasn't been working for me for the past few days.

(1st Dec)

Thanks!

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi @ocmt91 - thanks for reaching out. I was just able to confirm this on my own desktop app for MacOS. I'm raising the issue with our devs right now, hopefully we can implement a quick fix. Apologies for the headache here!

Best,

Andrew

• Paolo Bombardieri
    Paolo Bombardieri EN Business Posts: 7 Beginner

same thing happens to me too...it worked for 3-4 days

• Gianpiero Di Lullo
    Gianpiero Di Lullo EN Pro Posts: 2 Beginner

Hello,

I've been using Meistertask desktop app (for mac) no problem until today I was logged off (not sure why) so I am stuck in the following loop unable to login the app:

1) Clicked "Log in" on the App

2) Clicked "log in with Google" on the modal window that appeared after step 1

3) Clicked on "Open MeisterTask" in the modal window of the (empty) browser tab which appeared after step 2. This modal says: "Open MeisterTask?https://www.meistertask.com wants to open this application."

4) I am now sent back to the MT App but I have again the login and signup buttons and I'm not logged in

I tried to clear the browser cache, open and close the app, open the login link with incognito window but I'm still stuck in this loop of ****. I am able to login Meistertask via browser but not the App

Please help!

Jp

• Jeremy Boerger

Broken again

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
    edited December 2022

Hi @JpUK, @Bombers-AD and @JLBoerger, sorry to hear it's broken again.

Our devs are aware of the issue and says it should hopefully be resolved next week providing unforeseen issues don't arise!

In the meantime, you can either:

• Use MT in the browser (Google login should work fine there)
    • Login to MT in the desktop app via email + password authentication

I hope this helps + sorry for the inconvenience!

Best,

Miša

• Olivia Milton-Thompson

@Miša I'm guessing we can't use our Google credentials to login using the normal email and password login on the desktop? I always login to MT using Google login so I'm guessing that's my only way of login?

• Miša Hennin

Hi @ocmt91!

You can absolutely use your Google email address! However, if you've not logged into MeisterTask with your email + password before, you might have to first log into MeisterTask via Google log in in a browser and set/ reset your password in Accounts.

Then you can use this email and password combination to log into the app.

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if it doesn't!

Best,

• Jeremy Boerger

Just to update this thread:

1) Still cannot login successfully to the MacOS app via Google authentication

2) iPad and iPhone apps work fine

3) Can log in successfully to website with Google

4) To change authentication settings, password field does not appear

Is there an ETA on repair of the MacOS app?

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi @JLBoerger and others! First off, sorry for the persistence of this bug and the headache it has caused 😓 ETA for the fix is within the week.

For some context: the issue is related to a backend update our devs made — while this update is being rolled out to users, Google login on the desktop app may not work. We've put some preventative measure in place to try to limit the impact, but it appears these did not fix the issue for all users.

As soon as the update is fully rolled out this week (barring an unforeseen delay), the issue should be resolved.

Hope this helps to give some context - I'll keep this thread updated with more info as its available.

Best,

Andrew

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi all - just heard from our developers that the update has been fully rolled out and that this issue should be resolved. I was able to confirm it on my machine (MacOS with MeisterTask app) - please let me know if you all are still experiencing the problem!

Sorry again for the inconvenienced caused.

Best,

Andrew

• Karim Kabbani
    Karim Kabbani EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here

Dear Meistertask team,

I'm experiencing this issue without finding a solution. How do I resolve it?

Thanks

Karim

• Gianpiero Di Lullo
    Gianpiero Di Lullo EN Pro Posts: 2 Beginner

This is happening again to me as well. I thought It was fixed last year?

• Jeroen
    Jeroen EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here

I have the same problem. Can't login via Google account on Mac app.

I think the bug returned.

• Miša Hennin

Hi!

Oh, I'm sorry to hear this. Yes, we can reproduce the issue.

I've opened a task with the devs. They'll investigate this asap.

Best,

Miša

• Oliver Caron

Welcome back everyone :) I just have the same bug again aswell. Good luck to the dev team :)

• Miša Hennin

Hi @Oliver Caron,

Thanks for letting me know. We're working on it 😊. I hope to share good news soon!

Best,

• Michal Adam
    Michal Adam EN Business Posts: 1 Beginner

I have the same issue. Can't login via Google account on Mac app.

• Jens Krautscheid
    Jens Krautscheid DE Pro Posts: 2 Beginner

December 2023.

Same issue again. Help please.

• Olivia Milton-Thompson

January 2024 - same issue on windows PC, cannot login via google sign in

• Miša Hennin

Thanks all for the info. I've added you to the list of affected users.

I'll try and get an update for you!

Best,

• Miša Hennin

I just want to add some workarounds while we're investigating this bug.

1. Use the MT web app - Google login works perfectly there
    2. Use password login via MT desktop app, if you would prefer to use the desktop app

Thank you for your patience!