Link generation: How can I get a URL link which creates a new mind map?

Options
Thomas Golger
Thomas Golger EN Basic Posts: 4 Beginner
edited November 2022 in Ask the Community

Hey there, I need your help as i didn't see any hint yet!

What do i want to do?

I want to integrate a link into a button on a Microsoftteams-website for creating a new mindmap. So there are problems with the integration of teams as i see in case you work with people from abbroad and different accounts. However the link should automatically open a new mindmap - it should not make a difference if he uses a different or his own private account or even if he has no account.

You should come on a new map with the logged in account in the rowser - i guess if you do not have an account, or you're not logged in you will be asked to so... however how can i create this?

Best Answer

• Thomas Golger
    Thomas Golger EN Basic Posts: 4 Beginner
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Problem is that even within the company people have different Meister accounts....

So people from abroad who don't have an account, for shure need to create one thats clear, however we want to make a rule that first of all projects there shall be a mindmap and then something out of teams .... the teams integration is not the best, but thats an issue of microsoft and not your fault 😜

However i think in this way i will do a link to the https://www.mindmeister.com/folders which i think is then best...

Best,

Thom

Answers

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Options

Hello @Thomas Golger, welcome to the community.

I've tried every trick in my hat to achieve what you described… No luck so far 👎

The way the app works doesn't allow doing that.

The "New Mind Map" button builds a new map ID directly, and for a second, it shows a parameter that later disappears, something like this https://www.mindmeister.com/map/XXXXXXXXXX?new=1 where XXXXXXXXX is the map ID.

So, unless one of the lobsters 🦞 tell you how to do it, I guess there's no way around it. At least, not that I know.

This could be a great idea for those of us with affiliate links.

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Options

Hi all! I just took a look into this internally, which actually sent me on a pretty deep dive 🎣

@Andres D'Andrea is definitely correct - there is no way to have a link that allows users to jump straight into creating a new map (without creating an account). There have indeed been some discussions about potentially creating this ability - some other tools use this method to engage new users - but it's not yet available on MM.

So @Thomas Golger , your teammates will still need to log in/create an account before creating a map using the Microsoft Teams integration. This should still be possible within Microsoft Teams - are you having any issues doing this?

Best,

Andrew