Why does MindMeister crash when I create large-volume mind maps?

SharipovaAF@peton.ru
SharipovaAF@peton.ru EN Basic Posts: 7 New Here
edited November 2022 in Ask the Community

When I create large-volume smartcads, the system loads for a long time and crashes. Is this a problem with MindMeister? Or my network?

Best Answer

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Hey @SharipovaAF@peton.ru and welcome!

MindMeister should be able to handle incredibly big maps without crashing (and a large volume of different maps). We've tested accounts with 100s of maps and it's always been fine.

Are you using your phone or laptop?

You could try some basic phone/laptop troubleshooting such as restarting the phone/ laptop, clearing cookies, cache, history, reinstalling the app etc., updating app/ operating system.

If you have an android, this post might also help or be explaining the same experience?

Let me know if this keeps happening!

Best,

Miša

Answers

• SharipovaAF@peton.ru

Thank you for your answer. I have problems when I use the web version of MindMeister (on the PC). But there are no problems when I use "Safari" on iPad.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hi!

Thanks for the info. This may have something to do with the PC if it is an older model or not very powerful. You could try using a different browser in your PC?

Alternatively, you can split big maps into smaller ones.

Best,

• SharipovaAF@peton.ru

I tried to work on another PC and used other brousers (Opera, Mozila firefox, google chrome), but the situation has not changed.

I recorded a video with processor usage. For some reason, the mindmeister uses only one core

• Miša Hennin

Hi!

thanks for the info. I've messaged you privately as this seems to be an issue related to your account.

Best,