[KNOWN BUG] MeisterTask app repeatedly logging out - What do I do?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 9 Beginner
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

Hi,

I had a work around which had been suggested by support to avoid that I always have to log in again, when I move my laptop around. Sometimes when I race from one meeting to the other I need to have my Meistertask app ready immediately. So I just minimised the Meistertask window and brought it up again when I needed it. That worked till about some days ago. Suddenly it needs to log in again and it is particulary annoying because I made a new task with descriptions and that was gone completely when Meistertask started the log in demand a bit delayed. This is quite some disturbing for the workflow.

Answers

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Hi @christiankogler@me.com, apologies that you're having this issue - sounds like you're using the MeisterTask desktop app - are you using Windows or MacOS? Our developers made a slight change to the backend of our desktop apps which might causing this. The following fix might help:

1. Uninstall the MeisterTask application.

2. Delete the content in the following folder: C:\Users<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\meistertask to delete all cookies.

3. Install the latest version of the application, preferably from the direct link here: https://www.meistertask.com/pages/apps

Let me know if this fixes things!

Best,

Andrew

• [Deleted User]

Hi,

I've done so, but the problem persists. When I carry my Macbook somewhere else, Meistertask has to log in again, what it didn't have to before. This time it took even minutes till I could access my tasks. That's not what I'd call speeding up my workflow. ;) I really think, if there's no solution to that I will have to look for alternatives. I'm carrying my Macbook around a lot and I don't always have that much time till I can access my tasks.

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi @christiankogler@me.com - sorry to hear the issue is persisting 😕 I'm working with our devs to try to get to the button of this - quick question: if you use MeisterTask in a browser at meistertask.com, are you also logged out every time you close your laptop?

• [Deleted User]

I'll check that. Today it was even weirder - got a server failure error message.

• Andrew Lapidus
    edited November 2022

Hi Christian, I have a quick update - just got back from a bug triage with our developers. They have found the issue and should be able to implement a fix soon - sorry again for the headache, I'll keep you updated here. I hope that the browser version of MeisterTask is useful in the meantime?

Best,

Andrew

• Paolo Bombardieri
    Paolo Bombardieri EN Business Posts: 7 Beginner
    edited November 2022

Unfortunately... the app disconnects every time the Mac is restarted... OSX 10.14 app 2.3.0

• [Deleted User]

Hi Andrew, thanks for the update, good to hear that there's a solution coming. By the way - in the browser version the problem does not occur - I've checked that.

Thanks for caring and best wishes,

Christian

• Paolo Bombardieri
    Paolo Bombardieri EN Business Posts: 7 Beginner

The problem persists...

I don't know if an update can help ...

But if you got the problem by changing things ... can't you try to fix what you changed?

• Jeremy Boerger
    Jeremy Boerger EN Pro Posts: 6 Beginner

I am now experiencing the same issue again. This is after a new MacOS edition was released.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hi @Bombers-AD and @JLBoerger, sorry to hear it's broken again.

Our devs are aware of the issue and says it should hopefully be resolved next week providing unforeseen issues don't arise!

In the meantime, you can either:

• Use MT in the browser (Google login should work fine there)
    • Login to MT in the desktop app via email + password authentication

I hope this helps + sorry for the inconvenience!

Best,

Miša