Feature Request: MeisterTask Templates (IMPLEMENTED)

Cathy Fanning
Cathy Fanning International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 160 Mastermind
edited December 2023 in MeisterTask Feature Board

Hi Everyone,

Sharing a suggestion I think will take MeisterTask to the next level. Most of the competitors (Asana, Trello, Todoist, Monday.com etc.) have extensive templates that users can use as a guide to get them going. The templates can be copied, edited and so on.

Although it's a fair amount of work involved to produce the templates I think it would be definitely a must have for MeisterTask, particularly for the Pro and Business editions.

Your thoughts...

Cheers All.

Regards

Cathy Fanning

www.thetemporaryalternative.com.au

19 votes

Implemented! · Last Updated

Planned for Q2, 2023!

Comments

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

You got my vote on this one @Cathy Fanning

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

@Cathy Fanning Love this suggestion😍! @Andrew Lapidus and I are really wanting MeisterTask templates for Community purposes too. It'd make it so much easier to share ideas and inspiration with our users and also explore different use cases from around the world! Will update you on anything we hear ☺️.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

100% agree, @Cathy Fanning - you've got my upvote as well. As Miša said, this is a feature which we have begun to advocate for internally, as well. Glad to hear you agree!

While it is currently possible to save and share a project template via .json export, a few key items (most notably automations), don't get exported. Personally, I'd like to see a "public project" options which would allow templates to be shared, copied and downloaded (kind of like what's available for published mind maps). Is this what you had in mind?

Just out of curiosity... what sort of templates do you think would be most worth sharing? I know that several partners regularly create and invite their clients to pre-made projects, and I'd be interested to hear what templates have been most useful!

Personally, I've shared my own Getting Things Done (GTD) project template with a few colleagues internally - I'd love a way to easily publish it to more users.

• Cathy Fanning
    Cathy Fanning International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 160 Mastermind

Hi @Andrew Lapidus @Miša @Andres D'Andrea Great to get your feedback and enthusiasm. The templates I'm thinking about are inbuilt into the system and give you an option when creating a Public or Private Project. Which enables you to either create a blank project or a project built on an inbuilt template. Some of the competitors have good ones. Should give you a better idea of what I'm talking about. https://asana.com/templates https://todoist.com/templates

I'm in the middle of creating an Onboarding Template for new employees or project group members. When completed I'll post here. I'll explain the automations since they can't be exported. Handy to know, I didn't realize that.

The most popular would be onboarding, meetings, remote or hybrid work, different type of projects i.e. depending on the industry and business type.

Hope this helps. Be in touch.

Regards

Cathy Fanning

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hey @Cathy Fanning, I'm really looking forward to seeing your onboarding template! Maybe you could share it in the Get Inspired category where I've started trying to share some templates as best as I can without the actual feature. It's not ideal of course but I think it's important to share what we can in the meantime 😅.

As you said, I've just explained any automations/ features in writing and shared screenshots to supplement. (And as Andrew mentioned I shared the json file links so others could import).

Would love to hear your feedback on a few of those Get Inspired templates too.

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

@Cathy Fanning thanks for sharing those links. Once can see some pretty interesting stuff there.

Keep those templates coming, at least in json format (in the meanwhile).

Speaking of json, I just wanted to mention we already have a feature implemented in MeisterTask that allows us not only to export the project template, but the content inside the project as well:

json files 🤩 🎉

I've got an use-case for that specific feature that I'll write about in the coming weeks.

Stay tuned 📻️

• Scott Ricken
    Scott Ricken EN Basic Posts: 5 Beginner

Very much agreed! There are resources here but it would be great to have a more extensive collection for use and inspiration in the app. Thanks for the comments everyone.

• Furkan Tokmak
    Furkan Tokmak EN Basic Posts: 12 Beginner

While creating new project being able to select a template would be very nice to have.

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi everyone - I wanted to offer a quick update and share some good news — 😀 Project templates have been accepted onto MeisterTask's Q1 roadmap!

Currently, the team's plan is to deliver ready-made project templates available to users on all MeisterTask plans.

Additionally, the team plans to implement customizable project templates available to business teams - allowing all users on a team to create projects from templates customized by other users!

Also happy to report that the backend infrastructure for this feature represents a significant step towards public projects - a longer term goal which would allow MeisterTask users to openly share their best templates on the internet!

Thanks again to all who upvoted this feature, shared their view and brought it to our attention! 😀 I'll be sure to keep you all updated in this thread with this feature's progress 😀

P.S.: Of course, we're very motivated to make sure that we create MT templates which are immediately relevant and provide value for our users. The feedback that's been shared here already gives our content teams excellent inspiration, but we'd also be thrilled to hear additional ideas and requests! Please don't hesitate to comment below with any additional thoughts!

Best,

Andrew

• Admin BSF.company

These are great news @Andrew Lapidus 👏👏👏👏👏

Also happy to report that the backend infrastructure for this feature represents a significant step towards public projects - a longer term goal which would allow MeisterTask users to openly share their best templates on the internet!

👆 that sounds really, really, really 😀 interesting 😀

Thanks for sharing, best regards.

Andrés.

• Cathy Fanning

Hi @Andrew Lapidus Excellent news! Will be looking forward to this. 👍️

Regards

Cathy Fanning

• JoiedeVivre
    JoiedeVivre EN Basic Posts: 65 Star Contributor

Very cool!

• Olaf Roeb
    Olaf Roeb EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 121 Star Contributor

I still have a Trello account, and from time to time look up the new board templates there. Mostly these boards are theme-columned, not KanBan Boards, but with time the users there have assembled beautiful ideas, not only for business but also for the private use of Task-Management Boards. I am sure we can build us a great assembly in Meister, too! Super Great News!

• Andrew Lapidus
    edited July 2023

Hi all! - If you open MeisterTask and/or MeisterNote and create a new note/project, you'll see that a first wave of templates has been implemented for both MT and MN!

This is just the beginning of a growing library of templates — there are more coming :D Thanks again for the support in getting this request off the ground!

I'll post more info in a project update announcement soon :D

Best,

Andrew

This discussion has been closed.