How can I change my email account/password when using Google SSO?

multigraph
multigraph EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
edited December 2022 in Ask the Community

It now says "Set a password to change your email account", but it doesnt say where and how.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Hello @multigraph, welcome to the Community!

For that, you can follow these steps:

Go to https://accounts.meister.co/ and click in the Password and Email tab:

At the end of that page, search for the field to change your email, change it, and hit the blue button to Save Changes:

Most probably, you'll have to verify that email account as well, so look in your inbox for an automated verification email and click on the link inside to make sure your new email gets validated.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea.

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi all - just to close the loop on this topic and to help any future users who stumble upon it - Our developers have now implemented a fix for this issue:

If you'd like to change your e-mail or password while using Google SSO, this can now be done under the "Services and Sessions" section of Accounts. Simply click Configure next to Google on this page, then Disconnect each product from Google SSO. The change email/password boxes should then be enabled normally on your account. Hope this helps!

Best,

Andrew

Answers

• csander
    csander EN Basic Posts: 3 Beginner

I have the same problem but my "Password & E-Mail" tab just says "E-Mail". How do I set a password?

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

Hi @csander

Hmm... thats weird. I have the same view in my settings:

What happens when you log out of MeisterTask/MindMaster/etc. and then sign in again? Do you need a passwort to login or not?

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• csander

Thanks @Rooster McNugget for your reply. Logging out and signing in again doesn't seem to change anything. I don't need a password to sign in because I sign in using my google account.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Hi all - just saw this thread and wanted to jump in. Seems like the issue here is related to your sign in via Google, @csander. I know that having this enabled prevents a user from creating/changing a MeisterTask-specific password.

I was about to suggest disabling Google single-sign-on in the "Services and Sessions" section of the accounts page, but then discovered that this can't be done without first setting a password - and yet setting a password is impossible while Google SSO is enabled! 😱😱😱

This seems like it must be unintentional and a bug - I've gone ahead and filed a bug report to make sure this is fixed. In the meantime, I'll send you a link to reset your password in a DM, @csander. Sorry for the headache!

Best,

Andrew

• csander

@Andrew Lapidus thanks a lot!

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader
    edited December 2022

@csander, well you didn't say that you log in by google!😂 That change everything! 😉 But I'm glad that your issue is solved now!

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!