Can I automatically get tasks based on the use of timeline?

Paolo Bombardieri
Paolo Bombardieri EN Business Posts: 7 Beginner
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to obtain automatic activities based on the use of the timeline...

how to schedule deadlines during the year and see them appear in a special form of the "project"...

I can't find any reference on the timeline to activate not from any notification or shift

Best Answer

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Answer ✓

Hello, I believe you can get it done manually (not automatically) using filters.

Since I'm stuck in my office with massive database migration, I decided to invest some time recording a tailored video explanation for you, my friend 📺:

I hope this helps you improve the visualizations in your MeisterTask dashboard.

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea.

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

Answers

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    edited December 2022

Hello @Bombers-AD

I've read your question several times between the day you posted it, and today… I feel a bit frustrated for not being able to provide a great response 😦

I guess I could not understand what's the use-case or intention behind your requirement.

The feature you describe seems more like "how a Calendar would behave", showing specific tasks and activities depending on the period of the year you are visualizing.

If that's your use-case, I've got great news for you --> MeisterTask has the ability to integrate with Google Calendar.

Regarding this other question:

how to schedule deadlines during the year and see them appear in a special form of the "project"...

One more time, I'm a bit perplexed 🤯 --> What should appear where? What do you mean?

Deadlines can be scheduled in each task, and the user responsible will get a notification when the deadline is up if the task has not been completed.

This other question seems once again related to a feature found in any Calendar Application, where you can set activities for any day of the year and even configure automatic repetitions and specific reminders.

The Timeline feature inside MeisterTask is an implementation of a Gantt Chart, which purpose is only to "illustrate the project's schedule".

Sure enough, the dev team at Meister added some additional features like the ability to re-schedule and assign tasks from the timeline itself, or the ability to see the Gantt representation "in-line" instead of staggered. But that's it. It's a simple Gantt at the end of the day.

I hope other users would chime in with additional insights to your question.

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea.

• Paolo Bombardieri

My question is...

if I schedule an activity with a start and an end, and put it in a "processing" project column for example,

Is there a way for it to remain hidden until the set date comes?

this in order not to have a long list of activities parked in a column...

or maybe I'm wrong.. and I should program them in another part of the program... I ask for help for this...

• Paolo Bombardieri

Yes excellent, here the visualization of the events after a week or two is more or less what I meant... but how do I keep the vision of the other manually added and unscheduled activities?

• Admin BSF.company

The Tag filter is the only filter with logical matching capabilities. All other filters are presets, and cannot be altered in any way.

Complex filtering scenarios like those you describe require basic logical matching, and the Tag filter is the only one that allows you to use one of three basic boolean logics for matching.

In electronics engineering, we call them "gates":

All of = (The AND gate): All tags selected must be present in a task for it to show up in the board.

Any of = (The OR gate): Any of the tags selected must be present in a task for it to show up.

None of = (The NOT gate): None of the tags selected must be present in a task for it to show up.

Bottom line: if you really need complex matching, forget about all the other filters based on presets. Tag your tasks, and configure any filter you want through the tag filter only.

Best regards.

Andres D'Andrea