How can I manage meetings with MeisterTask?

Scott Ricken
Scott Ricken EN Basic Posts: 5 Beginner

Hello all! My team and I are on a free trial of MeisterTask and are looking for a tool to manage weekly meetings. Is there any template for this? Does anyone have advice on how to create a board for this (what should be included in it)?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Scott Ricken

Much appreciation @Jörg Koper I did not expect to get such a complete answer! 😀

I've created a board like you suggested - Sorry for the beginner question, but for clarification's sake: you begin the board with all agenda points as cards in the "topic" column and then move them kanban-style to a different section based on the meeting outcome? Do my teammates need to be admins to create the cards?

Thanks so much for your help already.

Best,

Scott

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hey @Scott Ricken, I'm glad that my answer was helpful. And by the way...we've all been MeisterTask beginners once 😉

I would create the Agenda as checkpoints in the related task card. Otherwise you would have too many task cards in the column. Try to create only one task card for the respective meeting. This way the project board stays clean and tidy.

To move the task cards kanban-style to the appropriate sections is in my opinion the best way, to bring some action into your meetings.

Your teammates do not need to be admins. Be careful with this role. It's enough to invite them as project members. Some more informations about roles and permissions 👍️

Best regards

Joerg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Love the suggestion, @Jörg Koper - thanks so much for sharing! I have often used MindMeister for meeting managed but am super intrigued by your approach! I'll be sure to try it out next week 😀

Best,

Andrew

• Joerg Koper

Hi @Andrew Lapidus, to use MindMeister and of course MeisterNote in addition to MeisterTask is the most powerful way to create cool Meetings I guess 😋

I'm curious how my approach works for you

and I wish you a wunderful weekend 👋

Joerg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

• Joerg Koper

Hi guys 👋🙂

For all those who would like to use the example project as a template, I have made it available here as a download.

Have fun trying it out 😉

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Wow @Jörg Koper - brilliant! Thank you for sharing the json import too!

• Scott Ricken

Thanks so much to everyone for the help!

• Richard
    Richard EN Basic Posts: 20 Active Contributor

Thanks for these ideas @Jörg Koper. Was just browing the community and came across this post. I like your suggestions!

• Joerg Koper

Hi @Miša 👋😉

it's a great pleasure for me to do that.

• Joerg Koper

Hey @Richard 👋😉

I'm happy that it helped you. Let me know if you have any questions or like to exchange ideas about simlar projects.