Is there a way to delete tasks via API?

rnieves
rnieves EN Basic Posts: 10 Beginner

There is no DELETE verb on the API documentation for tasks. Deleting each task is possible via the UI but it is VERY tedious

We would like to not pollute some of our searches with archived tickets (without having to do the extra click to exclude stuff)

Since we already run some maintenance tasks on our boards via API we wanted to also try and delete some of the recurring archived tasks. Any help?

Best Answer

• Line Møller Jensen
    Line Møller Jensen Admin, MeisterLobster, DE Business Posts: 12 Success Manager
    Answer ✓

Hi again @rnieves !

Thank you for your questions, we love sharing some more knowledge about the API!

It is indeed possible to delete tasks using the API. You would do this by updating the task and changing the status to trashed, rather than archived. Here is the link to the update task API options.

To trash the task, you would have to change the status to 8, which is trashed.

Trashed tasks will not get fully deleted from your account until the entire project has been deleted, though. Trashed and archived tasks will belong to your project until the project itself gets deleted. After a project has been deleted and 30 days has passed, the project and all the tasks, open, archived and deleted, which were in the project, will be deleted forever.

I hope this helps! :)

I wish you a lovely day.

Best regards from snowy Denmark - Line

Line Jensen

Customer Success Manager, Meister

Answers

• rnieves
    rnieves EN Basic Posts: 10 Beginner
    edited December 2022

@Line Møller Jensen

That's cool. One more question... will this prevent them from showing up in searches?

• Line Møller Jensen
    Line Møller Jensen Admin, MeisterLobster, DE Business Posts: 12 Success Manager

Hi @rnieves !

That depends on your search criteria. If you search for all of our statuses, then no. The deleted tasks will still show up in your searches. But if you search for a certain status, e.g. only open tasks, then yes, the tasks would not show up anymore.

I hope this helps! :)

Line Jensen

Customer Success Manager, Meister