How can I remove an administrator from my team?

Ivo
Ivo EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
edited January 2023 in Ask the Community

An employee with administrative rights has left our company. I have deleted him from all projects. However, I cannot remove him in the team. The message always appears: User can't leave team being an admin.

How can I remove the administrator rights from this employee?

Ivo

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Ivo! If you're a team admin on a Business plan, you should be able to remove admin privileges on the "My Teams" page:

If you're on a Pro plan (or only have one admin), our Support Team can change your team's admin rights (to contact support, click the ? menu in the top-right corner of MeisterTask and select "Contact Us").

Hope this helps!

Best,

Andrew

Answers

• Dan Locke
    Dan Locke EN Basic Posts: 8 Beginner

I am on the Pro plan, not business, and this plan does not allow me to change the admin privileges and selecting "Remove from team" has not worked. When I click on contact us from Meistertask, it only offers links to the various help centers, and does not offer a means to actually contact anyone from the company. Any other ideas?

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi @oohandaah@gmail.com - sorry for the headache here - there seems to be a current bug with the "Contact Support" button. I've forwarded your request directly to our support team, who will get back to you ASAP.

• Ivo
    Ivo EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

👍️ ivo

• Dan Locke
    Dan Locke EN Basic Posts: 8 Beginner

News on this?

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi @oohandaah@gmail.com - looks like our support ticket response didn't go through, so I've reached out to you via DM.

• Chenglin Li
    Chenglin Li EN Pro Posts: 4 Beginner

I encountered the same issue as Ivo, and it has been bothering me for days, would you please help me.

• Chenglin Li
    Chenglin Li EN Pro Posts: 4 Beginner