How to disable auto-expand when entering a map?

Sephriel
Sephriel EN Basic Posts: 9 Beginner

When I enter a map, all branches are automatically expanded to their fullest extent. I know I can right-click and manage how much detail to show, but instead of having to do that for every 1-2 parents involved in where I want to get to , can I just have it start fully collapsed?

Best Answer

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

The issue might also be that expand/collapse changes only save if you expand/collapses each branch individually (i.e. not with the right-click “show details” method). So to start with everything fully collapsed, you'd have to make sure you save your map with each branch individually collapsed before closing it.

Hope this helps!

Answers

• Laszlo Bokor
    Laszlo Bokor MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1 Digital Marketing Manager

I use the shortcuts "Command+A" (I believe "Control+A" on Windows) to select all topics and press "Space" to open/close all selected branches. This way I can start expanding a collapsed view of bigger mind maps.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hi @Sephriel 👋🙂

normally the maps are displayed the same as you left them before. That's by the way important too, when you share maps. Before sharing a link, close the branches you'd like to be displaed closed. After that you share the map and copy the related link 😉

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• JoiedeVivre
    JoiedeVivre EN Basic Posts: 65 Star Contributor

Thanks for the tip @Laszlo_Bokor - I didn't know about this shortcut! And as @Jörg Koper said, this should save for the next time you open the map!