App keeps closing on Android. What do I do?

massanishi
massanishi EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

Hi, I was able to use the app fine for months. Since a few days ago, the app keeps crushing. It is the same after I delete and reinstall the app. After I login, the mindmeister app keeps closing everytime I open.

I can use the map fine from my browser or the app from my iPad. The issue is only in my Android phone app.

How can I fix this?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @massanishi - welcome to the community, and thanks for reaching out!

Reinstalling the app is always a great start to troubleshooting, as is ensuring that you are using the latest version of the app (currently version 5.108). You could also try restarting your phone and closing all other apps, then trying again.

These steps usually solve the issue, but if they don't, you might have discovered a new bug... Does the app crash after you've logged in and try to open a map?

Answers

• pastorofgrace
    pastorofgrace EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

Mindmeister does not even load on my android Samsung Note 8. I was able to download and install it, but when I try to open a map, the circle just keeps on spinning. I have to close it by killing the app. Anyone have any suggestions? I know it's new, and I know it's supposed to be read-only while they are editing the app, but...

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi @pastorofgrace, thanks for reaching out! I merged your comment with another similar issue from October that might be related. Could you try the above troubleshooting steps, especially uninstalling and reinstalling the app? If that doesn't solve your issue, you might have found a bug and we'll have our developers take a closer look. Let me know if that helps!

Best,

Andrew

• pastorofgrace
    pastorofgrace EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

I tried the restarting/uninstalling and reinstalling, but to no avail. Does the version of Android matter? I am using Android, version 9 on Verizon's network. There are no updates available for my phone.

• Andrew Lapidus

Hm - sorry you're experiencing this issue. I've forwarded your problem on to our support team, who will take a closer look at your system. You should hear from them shortly!