Earn Points, Gain Reputation, Receive Rewards

Andrew Lapidus
Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Level Up. Build Reputation. Earn Rewards.

Introducing the Meister Community Rewards Program!

Greatness deserves to be rewarded - that's why we're introducing the Meister Community Rewards Program: to showcase the incredible contributions made in our community! 🥳 Read on to learn how you can level up, build reputation and earn rewards!

How it works:

Every community user can level up and achieve new ranks by accumulating points in our community forums. Your rank will appear next to your profile and can also grant you special privileges, abilities and swag both inside and outside the community.

For example: Users who achieve the "Star Contributor" rank (100 pts.) are featured in our User Spotlight series and can add a visible title and location to their profile — while those who achieve the Community Leader rank (500 points) will receive Meister swag shipped to them and receive a permanent feature in our Community Hall of Fame.

How can I earn points?

🙋‍♂️ Answer questions: The fastest way to gain points is also the simplest - Answers receive 2 points, while answers marked as "best" will immediately earn 10 points!

👍 Post great content: Every reaction (like, love, upvote, insightful) your posts receive gives you points! Sharing best practices, use cases and templates is a surefire way to quickly rack up more reputation. Posts promoted by moderators gain an additional 5 points!

🚀 Earn badges: Special community contributions earn you badges and point bonuses. Discover more here!

Ranks Explained:

🐣 New Here | 0-4 Points

Beginner | 5-49 Points

⭐⭐ Active Contributor: | 50 - 99 Points

Active contributors can add their own signature to a post and start building their community reputation!

⭐⭐⭐ Star Contributor: | 100 - 499 Points

Star contributors are respected expert members in our community. As such, they can add a visible title and location to their profile, as well as edit their contributions indefinitely. Star contributors also get the chance to be featured in our User Spotlight series!

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Mastermind : | 500-999 Points

Mastermind contributors are go-to community experts in task management, ideation, documentation and all things productivity.

In addition to the perks of previous levels, Masterminds receive permanent recognition in our Community Hall of Fame, gain access to exclusive areas of the community, and receive a shipment of Meister Swag.

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Community Leader: 1000+ Points

Community Leaders are foundational to the success of the Meister Community - they shape not only the future of the community, but also the future of Meister Products.

Leading users receive personalized Meister swag, can communicate directly with the Community Team in Meister's internal Slack workspace, are invited to partner with Meister in upcoming webinars and events, and can participate in a personal AMA with a Meister Product Manager.

The gist: We want this community to continue to be the fun, informative place it is, and we hope our our rewards system makes it easier than ever to jump in the fray and get involved. Share your thoughts in the comments and we'll see you in the forums!

Best,

@Andrew LapidusYour Community Team @ Meister

Tagged:

Comments

• Emily
    Emily EN Pro Posts: 132 Star Contributor

Hey! Thanks for sharing this, it's great to have everything so clear. I've just got a few questions. How many points does a reaction get you? And does it make a difference which reaction it is? Like will a Like get you the same amount of points as a Love?

What sort of special privileges might a higher rank get you? Is there exclusive areas of the community that only these ranks get access to?

Thanks!

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Hi @Emily, thanks for the feedback 😀

To answer your questions: each "regular" reaction (insightful, like or love) earns you one point. Moderators do have the ability to "promote" a post to add it to our best-of page - promoted posts will earn 5 points.

In addition to user spotlights and the community hall of fame, highly-ranked users can gain access to the Meister Partners Forum, The Meister-Internal Community, and Meister's internal Community Slack channel. Hope this helps!

• Emily
    Emily EN Pro Posts: 132 Star Contributor

Ah super, thanks for explaining! (The Slack channel sounds cool!)

• Richard Vitaris
    Richard Vitaris EN Basic Posts: 46 Star Contributor
    edited December 2022

You should consider taking into account contributions and activity done prior to implementing your program for awarding points and ranks in consideration of your long time users who made contributions in the past.

In my own case, for example, you have one of my Biggerplate webinars created using MindMeister in your own Academy. https://www.mindmeister.com/training/webinars/mind-mapping-for-legal

And yet, I am only listed only as a MindMeister Beginner. Although I haven't contributed lately, it doesn't seem entirely fair.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hi @Rvitaris and welcome to the Community!

I understand it might be frustrating to be labelled 'beginner' when you're clearly an experienced MindMeister user (thanks so much for the webinar + link!), but the labels 'beginner', 'star contributor' etc. refer only to user activity in the Community.

So even if you've been using MindMeister for 10+ years, when you sign up in the Community you'll start off as a beginner until you've made a certain amount of contributions.

It's easy to gain points and rise in rank though! Answering user questions is a brilliant way to gain points, but even changing your profile picture will get you some. Alternatively, you can join in with other activities such as Badge of the Month or sharing your MeisterHacks - With your extensive experience, I'm sure there's a lot of different tips you could share with more inexperienced users and get yourself recognition/ points/ a badge!

I hope this helps.

Best,

Miša

• Cathy Fanning
    Cathy Fanning International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 160 Mastermind

Hi @Andrew Lapidus This is excellent!

Regards

Cathy Fanning

www.thetemporaryalternative.com.au

• Beata Mertyn
    Beata Mertyn EN Basic Posts: 21 Star Contributor

great explanation of ranks. I keep collecting stars then!