Upload Progress Indicator to Show When MindMeister is Loading

Options
Sephriel
Sephriel EN Basic Posts: 9 Beginner

I propose some way of indicating to the user that MindMeister is still moving data to its server. If I move a large amount, then try to change to another map, I get a warning that some data may not have been transferred yet. So I just have to wait and keep checking until I can switch maps without that warning.

This indicator would also help the user know when to pause because the software is "thinking", which could help prevent overload and that pesky "error committing changes" issue.

I don't think a progress bar would even be necessary. Just a spinning icon in place of the cursor or something, to let us know to give it a moment.

2 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,372 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @Sephriel and welcome to the Community!

I really like the idea to make it clearer when the program is working on something - you've got my vote! And thanks for the clear explanation 😁.

Best,

Miša

• Sephriel
    Sephriel EN Basic Posts: 9 Beginner
    Options

Hi @Miša and thank you! The short time I've used MindMeister has already improved my life significantly. I'm happy to be part of this community.

What is the process for new features? Do the developers just pick whatever has the highest vote count?

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,372 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @Sephriel,

As far as I know, it's a mixture of votes, feasibility and impact. Perhaps @Andrew Lapidus can add to this!