Feature Request: Shareable Templates

Options
Zolltan Farkas
Zolltan Farkas DE Business Posts: 38 Active Contributor

I have two ideas concerning templates:

1. I would like to share them with my team
  2. It would be great if they were "stylesheetish" - meaning: if e.g. I change a word in the template it is getting changed in every Meisternote which used this template

Follow me on LinkedIn

Tagged:
3 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,354 Community Admin
    Options

Hey @Zolltan!

You can easily share templates with your team, simply:

1. Create a template
    2. Open the template and click Share in the top-right corner
    3. Click Invite and enter the emails of your team/ whoever you'd like to invite.

Thanks to external sharing, you can now also share templates with people who aren't in your team.

But be careful if you have private information in the same note! Inviting someone to edit a template will also give them access to other pages in the note.

To keep everything secure, we recommend you create a new note with no pages in, create a template in here and share that with collaborators. As there is nothing else in the note, all your other documents are safe.

P.S. I love your idea in point 2 and have given you an upvote for this!

Best,

• Zolltan Farkas
    Zolltan Farkas DE Business Posts: 38 Active Contributor
    Options

Hey @Miša , I can share the note but is it saved as a template then?

Thanks for your help!

Zolltan

Follow me on LinkedIn

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,354 Community Admin
    Options

Hey!

So if you share the note in which the template is, your team member will see the same. They will be able to click on the template and Duplicate and move it to their own note, or Create a Page from Template.

I hope this helps?

Best,