API From the Browser CORS issues - What is the workaround?

rnieves
rnieves EN Basic Posts: 10 Beginner
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

It seems that the meistertask api doesn't support cross origin requests from browsers and we get CORS errors when we try to use the api from a browser (Testing a React App)

Any workarounds for this? We are thinking of creating our own proxy but it seems like an awful lot of work

Best Answer

• rnieves
    Answer ✓

Oh... I can't close posts

Well for posterity... the issue was a typo on the url and we where hitting the main meistertask website instead of the api endpoint. Hitting the /api endpoint returns the correct headers and can be called from any origin.

Answers

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Hi @rnieves! Sorry to hear you're experiencing this bug. Since @Line Møller Jensen is out on holiday, I've forwarded your question on to our engineering team. I'll keep you updated with more info on this issue as I have it!

Best,

Andrew

• rnieves

Hey @Andrew Lapidus no problem. I figured out the issue was the endpoint being called itself. Once we fixed the endpoint we where hitting we where not having any more CORS issues.

I am closing this post

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Ah nice, glad to hear it's fixed! Thanks also for sharing the solution - have a great holiday!

This discussion has been closed.