🤓 MeisterHacks: creating a mindmap while watching a YouTube video in MindMeister

philippe boukobza
philippe boukobza EN Basic, International Partner Posts: 18 Star Contributor
edited August 2023 in Tips and Templates

You can embed a Youtube video in the center of the map and then note useful information around it as you listen. 

You can check out an example here: https://www.mindmeister.com/map/2403434159?t=Ik9uhO0USv

?Visual Thinking Facilitator

Paris-Madrid

https://linktr.ee/philippeboukobza

Comments

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Wow, thanks so much for this awesome tip @Philippe Boukobza !

This is such a great way to take notes, organize information, and also keep track of which videos and/or lectures you've found particularly helpful! Fantastic!

But it's also such an excellent way to present information, just the way you've done in the example map you linked to - awesome! I know @Emily was recently asking about ways to present a class syllabus via mindmap... this might be interesting for you as well, @Emily ?

• philippe boukobza

Thank you @Andrew Lapidus, this can be very useful for students also, especially for collaborating on mapping about video contents. It would be fantastic if MindMeister could embed audio such as Soundcloud for creating mindmaps about talks, podcast, etc...

Paris-Madrid

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

That's a fantastic idea, Philippe - it especially makes sense because this is already possible in MeisterNote. Sounds like a great idea to post in the MindMeister feature request category!

• philippe boukobza

Thank you @Miša !I'll suggest this idea in the Mind Meister Feature request!

Paris-Madrid

• Emily
    Emily EN Pro Posts: 132 Star Contributor

Hey! Thanks for drawing my attention to this @Andrew Lapidus - it's a great idea!

Students are increasingly responsive to media they know and love, so putting a YouTube video at the centre of the screen might just be the way to drive engagement and participation😅. Thank you for sharing @Philippe Boukobza (I also love the feature you've requested so I'll head over to that post now☺️).

• philippe boukobza

Many thanks @Emily !

Paris-Madrid

• Oliver Wich
    Oliver Wich DACH Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 80 Star Contributor

I do add audio Files as an attachement in the center and build my map while listening :)

Tell me what you think 😎

Uspkilling Enthusiast. Empowering a new Generation of Legal Experts.

• Oliver Wich

Just a question: How do i delete the YT Video i inserted? 🙄

Here is a short Video: https://www.loom.com/share/08cfc14546064b1bb4929792b56f5535

• philippe boukobza

Hi Oliver,

Like you I was unable to delete the YT video once inserted!

Paris-Madrid

• Oliver Wich

Hahaha what a nice bug🤣 @Miša are you aware of this?

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
    edited September 2022

Hey @Philippe Boukobza and @Oliver Wich! Excellent question - I also had to ask internally 😅. It's actually easy! You just right click and then click on Remove. I hope the gif below helps (and it's great to have learned something new with you😀)

• philippe boukobza

Fantastic! Thank you very much @Miša ! We all learned something new and very useful!

Paris-Madrid

• arbsoft
    arbsoft EN Basic Posts: 5 Beginner

It doesn't work for me, I can't see the "remove" button. Also, I don't want to embed any YouTube videos. Can you help me?

SO: Windows 10

Browser: Chrome Version 108.0.5359.126 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hi @arbsoft and welcome to the community 👋🙂

you can press STRG and than click left on your mouse. You'll see the menu than and can delete the file.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Joerg Koper

Hi @Philippe Boukobza,

thats a great MeisterHack. I like it 😋

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

• arbsoft

Hi Jörg,

I pressed CTRL + Left button and it's not working. 🙁

How can I disable this feature?

I don't want automatic YouTube video previews.

Thank you in advance.

• Joerg Koper

Hi @arbsoft,

try STRG (holding) and a right click on your mouse instead. I have tested it out and it worked 😉

You have to position the pointer of your mouse over the video file. I hope that helps 🤞

Best, Jörg

• arbsoft

I had to hold CTRL for about 5 seconds and then right click. Thank you!

It's a great feature, however I would like to disable it. Is it possible?

• Joerg Koper
    edited January 2023

What exactly do you want to disable? Inserting videos? That's not possible because this is an important feature of MindMeister. But I think it's not a problem to avoid inserting Videos in general 😉

Have a nice evening @arbsoft

Best, Jörg

• arbsoft

Sometimes I don't want to see a YouTube link as an embed video or preview it on my mind map. I just want it as an ordinary link.

For instance: If I paste a Youtube link, mindmeister ask me: Do you want to preview it on your map? Yes/No.

Think about it. Thank you!

• Miša Hennin
    edited January 2023

Hi @arbsoft and welcome to the Community!

You can add a YouTube link and keep it as a link (i.e. no preview) if you add it as an attachment.

To do this:

1. Open the Actions menu on a topic by clicking the ellipsis (...)
    2. Click Attachment
    3. Paste a YouTube link where it says Paste any link here...
    4. Click Add or hit enter

Let me know if this helps!

Best,

Miša

• arbsoft