How can I export my map fully expanded?

shikida
shikida EN Basic Posts: 1 Beginner

When I export it as png or pdf, it generates it collapsed. Not sure why. Is it possible to export it fully expanded?

Best Answer

Answers

• Emily
    Emily EN Pro Posts: 132 Star Contributor

Ditto on Google Chrome. I think there is an issue with expand/collapse settings not saving when selected via the right-click "show details" option. If you reopen your map and expand topics using the spacebar, instead of by right-clicking, does this fix the export?

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader
    edited December 2022

Hi @shikida,

I have tested to export one of my MindMaps with expanded topics (via Spacebar) on Chrome (png and PDF) and it worked perfect. So I can confirm @Emily's question and I think the thoughts about the dependence on the browser type of @Rooster McNugget are going in the right direction too.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Leandro Rossa
    Leandro Rossa EN Basic Posts: 5 Beginner
    edited May 2023

Up on this. I have a mind map with hundreds of items. PNG export only export part of it. Tested on Firefox and on Chrome. Both fails to show the full mindmap.

1- The missing part
    2- Exported PNG

PS: I am really frustrated because I've upgraded exclusively because of the PNG export.

• Emily
    Emily EN Pro Posts: 132 Star Contributor

@Leandro Rossa - did you try expanding that node by pressing the space bar? For some reason I've found that expand/collapsing via right-click doesn't save on my map (hence won't be included in export), but spacebar-extended maps do.

Flagging @Andrew Lapidus @Miša Hennin as well