What is the storage limit of attachments?

johriviere
johriviere EN Basic Posts: 5 Beginner
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

Hello,

For future projects, I plan to actively use Mindmeister's attachment feature.

I currently have a 'Pro' account.

For this plan, it says that the limitation for attachments is 0.5GB.

Is this a 0.5GB limitation for attachments for the entire set of mind maps in my account or a 0.5GB limitation for each mindmap?

On the other hand, for a test, I have created a mindmap with attachments larger than 0.5GB (more than 1GB)

This mindmap works without problems.

Is the limitation still valid?

I need to have a precise answer on this subject to commit myself in my projects.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @johriviere , thanks for reaching out! And thanks @Andres D'Andrea for the tag!

I just had a conversation with the MindMeister dev team to get confirmation here. These file limits refer to the total size of all attachments within a single mind map.

However, as you confirmed in your testing, the information on the pricing page is not current, and these limitations are not enforced. You should be able to exceed the .5 GB storage limitation without problems. Keep in mind, though, that MindMeister is not optimized to store large files, and any map approaching the 10 GB limit may experience performance issues. I've had much better luck storing files in Google Drive and simply adding links in my mind maps.

I hope this helps, let me know if you've got any additional questions!

Best,

Andrew

Answers

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

Hello @johriviere welcome to the community!

According to the pricing page of MindMeister, the Pro account allows up to 1 GB for attachments, so you might be right in the limit.

For more attachments, you might want to get into a Business account.

I hope this helps to clarify your doubts.

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea.

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• johriviere
    johriviere EN Basic Posts: 5 Beginner

Sorry, I made a mistake, in fact I have a 'Personal' plan.

So in my test, I more than doubled the 0.5GB limit without any problem on a single mind map.

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

Hi, in that case we'll have to wait for @Miša or @Andrew Lapidus to chime in because I've never exceeded my storage limits, so I can't confirm or deny your presumption.

Cheers 👍

Andrés

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.