How to grant clipboard access to paste styling? (Firefox)

mwood
mwood EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here
edited January 2023 in Ask the Community

Hiya, I'd like to resolve the error 'Grant clipboard access to paste styling' when trying to copy and paste mindmap topic styles.

Any idea what I could try? Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi all - I wanted to close the loop on this thread, in case anyone else stumbles upon this question.

I've just gone on a deep dive with our developers to get some more insight here. Firefox does not easily enable clipboard access - to enable, you'll need to open the application's configuration settings. To do this:

1. Open Firefox.
    2. Enter about:config in the address bar.
    3. Toggle the 2 settings seen in the below screenshot to "True." (Click the toggle icon on the far right.)

This solved the issue for me.

Please keep in mind that accessing your clipboard is - and will forever be - a security sensitive issue, and some browsers (including Firefox) disable this option.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Andrew

Answers

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hi @mwood and welcome to the Community!

Which browser are you using? The first time I tried to paste a style, my browser asked me for clipboard access in the top corner and I had to allow it. Perhaps this is the problem.

Best,

Miša

• mwood
    mwood EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here

Thanks Miša!

I was using MindMeister in the Firefox browser. Opening MM in Edge allowed me to provide clipboard access to the Edge browser, so I'm able to copy and paste styles this way :)

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hey @mwood I'm glad you're able to use the feature in Edge. I use Chrome and am able to use it, but I had to Allow the clipboard access the first time I tried pasting style.

If you want to use it in FireFox, I recommend checking out the browser settings for clipboard or Googling how to allow this access! For example, I found this page which suggested using Shift + Insert or this one which suggests using Edge instead 😂.

Best,

Miša

• Dennis Balzuweit
    Dennis Balzuweit EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here

Hi, I get the same warning in MS Teams. Any ideas how to fix that? Best

• Miša Hennin
    edited May 2023

@Dennis Balzuweit Perhaps this helps?

If not, maybe you can provide a bit more info + a screenshot.

Best,

Miša