🎉 Introducing the Templates Badge 🎉

Miša Hennin
Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hey,

The start of the new year has left us motivated and driven to bring some exciting ideas to fruition here at Meister - As this is a community in the truest sense of the word, we'd love to invite you along with us. Let's dive right in.

When we were preparing The Community: A Year in Review last year, we were totally impressed by the Community superstars who had already shared their very own Meister templates.

These use cases, best practices and screenshots brought colossal value to the Community and our existing resources. Greatness deserves to be rewarded; therefore, we're introducing the Templates Badge 👏!

How to earn the Templates Badge:

✅ Share a MindMeister template along with a screenshot and shareable link.

✅ Share a MeisterTask project board with screenshots and an attached downloadable export.

✅ Share a MeisterNote with screenshots.

Tips for sharing:

• Post your template in the Get Inspired category for MindMeister, MeisterTask or MeisterNote.
  • Give your template a snappy title that indicates what your template is for.
  • Add screenshots to highlight the strengths of your template, and links to the template.
  • Add the tag templates along with other key words to make your template searchable.

Your rewards:

🥇 A badge

🥇 10 points

🥇 The warmhearted feeling of sharing your brilliance with others.

Need inspiration?

😍 Template: Masters Thesis

😍 Project Template for Teams: Goals & Feedback Meeting

😍 Project Board Template: Onboarding New Staff Member(s)

😍 Project Template: Prospect Inquiries (Sales)

We're really looking forward to seeing your templates and building this Community into a fantastic resource for everyone,

Miša

Comments

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Awesome @Miša , looking forward to seeing new contributions and building our library of templates!

Also get ready, because here comes my series of mind map templates for classifying breeds of dog and studying chess openings... ♟️😎 🐕

• Eva-Maria Schützeneder
    Eva-Maria Schützeneder EN Basic, MeisterLobster Posts: 6 Product Marketing Manager - MeisterNote

That is great @Miša! I am already looking forward to seeing new user-generated templates! 🤩 Always super valuable to see how our users actually use our tools! We for sure can learn something new ourselves. 💡

• Olaf Roeb
    Olaf Roeb EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 121 Star Contributor
    edited January 2023

post deleted, see the post below😳, but please feel free to give your likes and loves for this one, too.

• Olaf Roeb

Absolutely outstanding, @Miša! 🥈

The examples we had so far are all super exemplary and by all measures, this badge may become enormously precious when not only simple ideas but more and more profound and comprehensive solutions and variations of solutions can be discovered in a growing library of templates.🤗🤗🤗 This is the very definition of a learning organization.

Like @Andrew Lapidus I am planning to upload personal templates rather than business solutions, and hope to see more from others.

Misha, do you remember the discussion we had on search methods in a library of templates? I can't refind it (funny speaking of search methods), but a growing library will need filters and maybe also possibly the tagging of templates.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hello @Olaf Roeb!

Yes, a library of profound and comprehensive solutions is an ambitious but I believe feasible goal 😀.

I'm looking forward to seeing your templates!

This post shares tips on how to navigate the Community.

In general, I think the easiest way to browse templates is by visiting Get Inspired (MT), Get Inspired (MN), or Tips and Templates (MM), as these sections are reserved only for MeisterHacks and templates.

Alternatively, all templates should have the tag templates. Searching templates in the search bar should therefore give you a list of all the templates for all the products.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Best,

Miša

• Olaf Roeb

Thank you for this excellent list of tips, @Miša. This clearly covers searching within this community, and of course, tagging is well-defined here. I was thinking and referring also to the global area of templates that can be directly accessed from MindMeister and so far as I can see a template there is marked to belong to exactly one group and sub-group. As soon as this collection of templates skyrockets, you have to open one after the other because the individual tiles give a structural but not readable impression:

The same problem occurs in the existing global library of maps, the Universe : While the readability of the tiles is slightly better, the sheer amount of maps there makes it also much harder to find some specific solution you are looking for. Of course, I could take an afternoon or a whole day, and it would be a good investment of time to browse every map that seems to be interesting at some future point in time. But obviously, this would create the need to organize all my findings, and also look out for problems and solutions that may only come up in an unknown future.

What I see is a need to tag maps, characterize maybe language, and also the existing categories visible above at the left side of the Universe area. And of course, so far we are only talking about existing mind-map libraries, note and task-board libraries do not exist as far as I know. Or did this discussion only concern maps?

• Miša Hennin

Hi @Olaf Roeb,

Ah I see I misunderstood what you were referring to! Thanks for the clarification and screenshots - I hope the following answer will be more useful.

MindMeister Library

The first picture you show from within MindMeister is a library of Meister-made templates. These are templates carefully created by the team from which you can build your own mind map directly. This group of templates is unlikely to grow and become un-navigable because we are not consistently adding to this selection, nor are users able to create their own and add to this section.

I also wanted to add that you can see information about the templates without creating a mind map from the template.

The Universe

Compared to the Meister-made templates, the Universe is a library of all templates users globally share. This is a much larger library, and I agree it can be difficult to navigate. To navigate: Search for a key word and you will (firstly) see results with that key word in the title and (secondly, lower down) see results which have the key word within the map

The Community

Although to make your mind map template accessible to Community users you have to publish it to the Universe, to earn the Templates Badge we'd like to see users create a post in the Community showcasing their template. The post must include a link to the map in the Universe for others to access. However, by creating a post explaining the template in the Community, we are creating a smaller, more manageable and more navigable library of top quality mind maps.

As this library grows, I would recommend all users turn to the Tips and Templates section in the Community to find inspiration and ideas. Here they can find not only templates, but explanations, use cases and best practices for the template. This is not practice in the Universe alone.

I hope this explains how I foresee our Community library growing and adding value.

MeisterTask and MeisterNote

Currently, there is no Universe-equivalent for MeisterTask and MeisterNote. However, the exciting news is that the MeisterTask team is currently working on developing a template of libraries, and they want your feedback! Please check out this post for more information on this project.

And while you can't publicly share templates a the moment like you can with MindMeister, we still wish to build up a Community library for these two tools. See here for MeisterNote and MeisterTask.

Best,

Miša