💡 Feature Request: Accordion/Dropdown content block in MeisterNote

Options
Susan Kachele
Susan Kachele MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 5 Active Contributor

I really like how the comments feature allows for content to be accordion style. I just click the comments and additional information pops down.

Clearly so much effort when into designing this feature/animation - why can't this be it's own content block? I am creating an internal FAQ so this would be great.

20 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• frank_astair
    frank_astair EN Basic Posts: 11 Active Contributor
    Options

yes, this would be helpful. What we are currently doing is that we create a "Table of Content" at the top of the page and link the blocks accordingly. It's not the same as the accordion style thingy, but helps with keeping the content clean and maintaining an overview

• Til
    Til EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 6 Active Contributor
    Options

It would be nice to have a toggle function for a drop-down section like meeting notes.

Mark: all functions like headlines, markups, attached files, and hopeful databases, have to work in the drop-down block.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hi @Til 👋 Thanks for the idea, and welcome to the community! :D

I know that @Nate Ricker posted a similar request here for a drop-down content block - does this sound similar to what you'd like to request?

I do think your point about keeping all functionality (headlines, files, etc.) within the dropdown an important point! Might also be great to add it to the other request.

-Andrew

• Til
    Til EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 6 Active Contributor
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hi @Andrew Lapidus ,

it sounds similar - you are right.

can be closed

• Ps4andPbs
    Ps4andPbs EN Basic Posts: 4 Beginner
    edited February 2023
    Options

Coming from Notion to Meister Note, one of the key things i'm missing is the toggle. It would act similarly to a text group (or header) but you would have the option to minimize the contents inside.

In Obsidian they do this by just having headers with the ability to toggle as open/closed. This is nice since you don't need a whole new item.

In Notion they have a separated item for toggle. The advantage here is that you can use toggles for things that don't need to be headers and you can have some control over it. Personally I like to use the toggles for word definitions so that I can keep the definition hidden by default (requiring me to think about it) then toggle it open if I really can't remember.

Personally I think I prefer the obsidian way for some things and the notion way for others, but most things can work with both if you make it. Either would be preferable to not having any way to hide parts of our notes.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi @Ps4andPbs - thanks a ton for this feedback! We use MeisterNote for our internal knowledge wiki, I'm very anxious to see toggles implemented for improved organization and usability of our FAQ pages. I'm adding your feedback to this thread to consolidate all user upvotes and get our MeisterNote Project Manager's attention!

Best,

Andrew

• Alexander Böke
    Alexander Böke DE Business Posts: 4 Beginner
    Options

Toggle is the number one request that I have, to keep my notes organized!

We use Note as a digital briefing tool and not all infos are equaly important for all team users and I would use it to get stuff out of the way for some or have a more elaborate Info inside the toggle for certain users inside one note.
    This would realy make my Day.

Thanks

Alex

• Asha
    Asha EN Basic Posts: 4 Beginner
    Options

Absolutely would love to see toggles. It's one of the key features I feel is missing from MeisterNote and will make a huge difference for me in being able to fully integrate into MeisterNote.

• Antonio Wolff
    Antonio Wolff EN Basic Posts: 1 Beginner
    Options

This definitely would be a great implementation. Toggle has so many functions: less distraction, organizing, presentation. this would be amazing

• Alexander Böke
    Alexander Böke DE Business Posts: 4 Beginner
    Options

Is this still not even "under consideration"?