can you export mind map outlines to a pdf, ppt, or a word file?

Kdibra2557
Kdibra2557 EN Basic Posts: 4 Beginner
edited January 2023 in Ask the Community

when converting a mind map to an outline, can you export that outline to a pdf, ppt, or a word file?

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @hello@mattdavies.org and others! Exporting a mind map (even if you're currently viewing the map!) will also export a text outline of the map (along with an image of the map).

You can also just export the map as a simple RTF file, which I think would be the easiest way of copy/pasting the map outline into another tool, @hello@mattdavies.org.

You can export the map/outline by clicking as shown here:

Hope this helps!

Andrew

Answers

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

Hi @Kdibra2557,

I tried it out. I couldn't "export" it in either way. But maybe I just searched at the wrong place. 🤔

If it's not possible, I think this would be a great feature request.

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader
    edited January 2023

Hi @Kdibra2557,

like @Rooster McNugget mentioned, it's not possible to export outlines in MindMeister. But to be honest, it's a very quick workflow to copy the outline in MindMeister and paste it into the desired program. If you for example insert the copied outline to word, you can edit it and save it as a pdf.

If you'd like to make a feature request, yo can find some nice guidelines here.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• hello@mattdavies.org
    hello@mattdavies.org EN Basic Posts: 7 Beginner

Please tell me how to copy the outline! I cannot get it to work. It seems I can only copy one element of it, not the whole thing!

• hello@mattdavies.org
    hello@mattdavies.org EN Basic Posts: 7 Beginner

Thanks @Andrew Lapidus , that's very helpful and it all works!