Questions about Project management, Guests and Pricing Plans

Options
MABL
MABL EN Basic Posts: 1 Beginner
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

Hi!

I just started trying Meistertask in a quest to find the perfect tool for managing tasks and questions within Architecture projects. So far I like what I see, but I find it a bit difficult to understand if it will work for us. Hopefully you can help me if I explain how we want it to work!

In a series of a three project we are a team of collaborators from approximately 10 companies. My company is responsible for project management and architecture and we need to provide a platform where everyone can write questions and tasks to other project members. The Kanban view works perfectly for this.

However we don't want the other companies to be forced to have paid licenses for the platform, in this case Meistertask.

Is it possible to use Meistertask in a way so that only members of my company have paid licenses and our collaborators use free accounts?

If we would like to have the Business plan just to manage roles etc. would we have to have paid licenses for collaborators or only the ones working in my company?

Best regards

MABL

Best Answer

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @MABL, welcome to the Meister Community 👍

I'll start by answering each of your questions:

Is it possible to use MeisterTask in a way so that only members of my company have paid licenses and our collaborators use free accounts?

Yes! This is possible using the Team feature available in MeisterTask. I'll provide more info below...

If we would like to have the Business plan just to manage roles etc. would we have to have paid licenses for collaborators or only the ones working in my company?

You would purchase Business licenses only for the people working in your company.

Coincidently, I just responded to another question about the reasons for acquiring a Business subscription, you can read it here.

In the scenario you described, You'll create a team consisting of people working only in your company. You'll manage one consolidated billing for all the accounts you acquire for your team using the Administrator account.

This way, your team will have instant access to all the Team Projects, where you'll have granular control on features and abilities for each team member (great for security reasons).

Remember, Team Projects and Private Projects are different things. Having a Business Team means you'll want to take advantage of Team Projects.

Team admins can use the Access tab to keep track of individuals outside their organization who may have access to sensitive project data, and if necessary, add these external users to their team.

Click in the following link to see the complete article about How to Manage Collaborators Outside of Your Team.

If you need to expand your team in the future, please consider that according to the official documentation, only the following types of users can join a team:

• New users who do not yet have a MeisterTask account
    • Users of MeisterTask's basic (free) plan who are not yet members of a MeisterTask team

If a team administrator tries to invite a user who does not belong to one of these categories, they will receive the following error message:

To solve this issue, contact the user you are unable to invite and ensure that they have both downgraded to a basic (free) plan and left their current team

I've been using most of the Business features for the last 3 years and I couldn't be happier.

100% recommended, so feel free to ask me any Business related question.

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.