Can I create a project in Meistertask from Mindmeister mind maps?

Options
Thomas
Thomas EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

Hi,

I´m new in this community and I´m really interested in learning more about Meistertask and Mindmeister.

Before using Mindmeister I worked with XMind and I´ve got several projects which are based on the mindmaps of XMind. I already learned about the possibility to import the mindmaps from XMind to mindmaster and it works.

I also know about creating a task in meistertask out of mindmeister.

But I want to create a project out of mindmeister.

The main topic of the mindmap should be the name of the project and the lower elements of the maps (maybe only the elements of the first level) should be the tasks in this project. And if there is a new task inserted in meistertask it would be wonderful to syncronize it automatically with mindmeister.

Thanks for reading my question.

Thomas

Best Answer

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,354 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Thomas and welcome!

I just wanted to share this feature request because I think it's suggesting the same as what you're saying, i.e. that it'd be great if you could convert a mind map into a project.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Best,

Miša

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,379 Community Leader
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hi @Thomas and welcome to the community 👋🙂

there is unfortunately no function in MindMeister (yet) to create a project out of MindMeister. As you mentioned, we have the wonderful working feature, to create tasks out of a topic in MindMeister. The main function of this feature is to work directly in MindMeister on this MeisterTask task without having to leave MindMeister itself.

What you can do is the following:

• Create a task out of a topic in MindMeister, open the task in he node and click on "open in MeisterTask" for the next step:

• When you're in the task in MeisterTask, open the Menu of the task and convert the task to a project:

I know, this may look a little complicated at first glance, but we have to keep in mind that we want to stay as focused as possible on the work in the MindMap 😉

I hope this little hint helps.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Olaf Roeb
    Olaf Roeb EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 121 Star Contributor
    edited January 2023
    Options

@Jörg Koper @Thomas

Hi everybody,

Love that workaround description by Jörg. But I also think this does not solve the general question of you, Thomas, nice to meet you btw. If I use MindMeister to draft a project, generating that project as a whole and the new one, and automatically creating tasks from sub-branches seems a very logical demand of streamlining. Drafting in MindMeister and realizing in MeisterTask actually still is one of the main concepts of Meister integration as I understand it.

That said, tasking a node should be optional, there is also a need to avoid creating tasks that in the MindMap have been meant to be just descriptive nodes. Thus clear marking option of nodes as "to be tasked" in my eyes would be a must if this feature gets to be implemented. In general, I really love and support this request.