Would it be possible to color code our tasks?

Options
Pirochta
Pirochta EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here

That would be SO awesome!!!!

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi all, I like the idea as well! Just wanted to also point out that this is somewhat possible via color-coded tags. It may not precisely be what you mean, @Pirochta, but internally at Meister, we use color-coded tags extensively, usually to denote task categories or prioritization:

Personally - I find it super helpful to have some sort of color-coded category tags when using a traditional kanban board, since the columns refer to a stage of work and don't generally indicate a category.

Let me know what you all think!

-Andrew

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,383 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @Pirochta 👋🙂

nice idea. If you like, you can submit a feature request.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Olaf Roeb
    Olaf Roeb EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 121 Star Contributor
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hi @Pirochta , nice to meet you,

I am with Jörg, if you open a feature request, you've got my vote. And if you don't add another feature request to implement automation for color-coding a task, I will. Please just add a short Use-Case description to your request if possible. It makes it much easier for other community members to imagine similar use cases and may find supporters you more supporters.

Best, Olaf😃

• Michael DeBlasio
    Michael DeBlasio EN Basic Posts: 1 Beginner
    Options

I too have had the need for this, and also have used the tags as substitution for this feature, but the issue for me is that the colored tag is not as large as if the entire task background was changed. In addition, adding the tag makes the size of the task larger, and expands the size of the list. I much prefer the compact size of the list without the tag. Where are we on this feature request?

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 642 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @Michael DeBlasio ,

regarding your question "Where are we on this feature request?" This feature-idea is still open for voting and is currently not under consideration. If you haven't yet, please consider voting for the feature-idea here.

It would also help to comment on that feature-idea-voting-thread. Consider describing why this would be useful and why it is currently painful to work without this feature, so that we can convince the Meister-Product Team together ;)