Story Points

Matthias
Matthias EN Basic Posts: 4 Beginner

I am in favor of the Story Point Idea as part of the agile idea to get information/a high level estimate of the work load. This would help a lot to assess my own but also the workload of my team and other project members. Moreover, this would help to get a more realistic view on what could be achieved until when.

3 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Liam Moser
    Liam Moser EN Basic Posts: 7 Active Contributor

+1 , story points are a basic part of agile framework

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hey @Matthias, that's a great idea😍!

In the meantime, maybe you could use the time tracking feature to get a rough estimate of how long certain types of tasks take? I know it's not ideal but you might get an indication of workload using this.

Best,

Miša

• Matthias

Hi Miša, many thanks for your reply and propsoal. Our workers council and I aren't in favor of thise feature. I want to avoid to give my employees the impression that MeisterTask is a tool tracking their performance.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

@Matthias Hey! Yeah that is completely understandable😊!

(In our MeisterTask Help Center there's a best practices article on using Reports to assess your team's workload. You can find it here. I completely understand not wanting to 'monitor' your team or track how they're spending their time, but you might find some ideas in the article anyway so I just wanted to share!)

• Matthias

Many thanks, Miša