Is it possible to add formulas to the topics?

Options
Carlo
Carlo EN Basic Posts: 4 Beginner
edited January 2023 in Ask the Community

Hi,

Is it possible to add formulas to the topics? (this is the last resource that I need prior to upgrade me account).

Thanks

Best Answer

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,379 Community Leader
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Carlo 👋🙂

that's a really good question I have thought about too a few times like while reading the wonderful post from @Miša about a decision matrix.

As far as I know, there is actually no feature like that. Like @Andres D'Andrea I would also highly recommand to write a feature request. You'll defenitely get my vote 👍️

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

Answers

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Options

Hello @Carlo, welcome to the community 😃

I haven't personally dealt with formulas in all these years using MindMeister, and after a quick search in the official documentation, I couldn't find any reference to the use of formulas or the LaTeX syntax in MindMeister.

I believe this is a great technical question about the product that maybe can be responded by other fellow Meister Experts (Approach Control to @Jörg Koper, @Rooster McNugget 📣)…

Or alternatively, you might want to ask directly to the sales team about it.

In case there's no support for the feature you're requesting, you might want to add it to the features requests @Carlo 👍

I'll be following this conversation closely, since I want to know the final answer as well.

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea.

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 599 Community Leader
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hi @Carlo,

do I understand your question correct: you like to add a formular like a pdf into a map in MindMeister? If yes, it's already possible. Do the following steps:

1. create the bubble where you wanna have the formular (PDF/Word) in
    2. click on the 3 dots in the right upper corner of the bubble you created
    3. click on the 4 "points" in the up poped little window
    4. select attach
    5. select the file you need

It looks like this:

I hope I understood your question correctly and was able to help you with this. Otherwise just report again! 😉

@Andres D'Andrea: Thanks for your trust in me! 😁 Hope i could help here...

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Carlo
    Options

Hi @Andres D'Andrea and @Rooster McNugget !

Thanks for the answers. But I need to use formulas in order to really calculate things in a list.

For exemple in the image above: As I insert the numbers in the childs in the list (the numbers 2,3 and 5) the total would be, automatically, updated (10).

This function is really importante to me.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,379 Community Leader
    Options

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 599 Community Leader
    Options

Hey all,

sorry, I didn‘t translate the word forumular correct myself! Sorry for my mistake!

And I think this would be a great feature request. 👍️

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Options

Well, I think we'll agree there's not a known way of accomplishing that type of calculation inside MindMeister dear @Carlo.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest making a feature request using the link I provided before, or contacting the product team directly using the form I linked in my previous post.

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea.

• Admin BSF.company
    Options

• Carlo
    Options

Ok @Andres D'Andrea , @Rooster McNugget and @Jörg Koper ! I just submitted the new ideia with the title "Formulas and calculation".

Thanks for the tips!

• Admin BSF.company
    Options

I saw it, I voted it up too @Carlo 👍

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea.