Is there a way to rename the Focus column?

Options
r.wiegert
r.wiegert EN Basic Posts: 3 Beginner

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi all - thanks for the feedback here! I've just gone ahead and made a task to update our documentation - thanks for the heads up @Andres D'Andrea, this part of the Agenda article is indeed not only confusing, but totally incorrect! 🙈

As far as the FOCUS column goes - I believe it is currently coded a bit differently than the other columns, since it is the only agenda column available to basic (free) users. This is at least my suspicion as to why it is uneditable and undeleteable at the moment. I've reached out to our MT Product Lead to put this on her radar and will let you all know as soon as I hear any additional info!

Best,

Andrew

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,379 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @r.wiegert and welcome to the community 👋🙂

While you can rename all other columns in the agenda, the focus column is a fixed part of the agenda. However, you can move it to the far right and create additional columns.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Options

Hello @r.wiegert, welcome to the community!

I had this same question when I started using MeisterTask, and my conclusion was: there's no way of changing the Focus column's name.

In all these years, I haven't found a way to do it, and my final guess at some point was:

"Being the default agenda column, they hard-coded a name that fits all situations, and left it that way."

All other columns in your agenda can be renamed, though. The following video shows how:

@Andrew Lapidus, I believe the official documentation related to this feature can be improved because it mentions the ability to rename the sections, and even tips the user about some default sections (To Reply, Upcoming and Waiting For). However, it doesn't mention the fact that "Focus" is also existing and hard-coded into the UI.

I understand how that can be confusing.

Viable actions could be either changing the documentation and the video scrip (fully customizable isn't accurate) or prompting the devs to allow customizing the Focus column too.

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• r.wiegert
    Options

At first, thanks to all for your answers. 

I think, allowing to customize the focus column too would be a good thing. The clients likes possibly a different wording which works better for him. It makes me a little bit crazy, that this is the only column which cannot be renamed. :-)

Possibly the devs can take this wish on thier agenda.

Thanks for the future.  

• r.wiegert
    Options

Perfect, thanks a lot. That sounds great ;-)

Best regards,

Reinhard