Feature Request: Agenda List View

Elias Z
Elias Z MT Tester, EN Pro Posts: 9 Beginner

Hi everyone,

I realize that Meistertask is a kanban project management, but I think it would benefit from having a list view of tasks, especially in the Agenda. The kanban view is great for organizing tasks and seeing where they are in the workflow, but once that's done, I know I would prefer to just be able to visualize the tasks that need to be done. Something similar to the Reports format would be a great start.

Curious about what you guys think.

Tagged:
6 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Liam Moser
    Liam Moser EN Basic Posts: 7 Active Contributor

Hey!

Is this not possible with the my task widget on the left of agenda? i can see a list of all tasks assigned to me in order of due date. then i have my agenda sections as days of the week and drag the tasks across to the different days so i know when i should tackle them.

did you mean some other sort of list view?

Regards,

• Elias Z
    Elias Z MT Tester, EN Pro Posts: 9 Beginner

Thanks for your response!

I have a similar setup. My issue is that once I've organized my tasks in the Agenda, I only need to focus on the tasks from one column (the current day of the week in your example) which means that most of the time, 4/5 of my screen is not relevant to the work I have to do. With a list view, my relevant tasks would be at the top, I could see more of them, and future tasks would be mostly off screen.

I know this might not work for everyone's workflow, but for me, the point of being productive is being able to focus on the tasks at hand, without having a full screen of tasks that don't need to be tackled yet.

Asana's list view is a good example of what I envision, except that it doesn't give you the option to order tasks as well as the Agenda does.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
    edited December 2022

Hey @eliasz and welcome to the Community!

You've made a good point here on the use of space. I thought you might be interested in this discussion about MeisterTask design. @Rooster McNugget and @Jörg Koper discuss similar issues with the Dashboard, i.e. that the space isn't utilized very well and could be better.

Thanks for the extra info + example!

Best,

Miša

• Matthias
    Matthias EN Basic Posts: 4 Beginner

Hi everybody,

The possibility to see all the tasks or those filtered and grouped along selected criteria is a must-have for a web-based/cloud-based task management solution in my view. So, I would appreciate it if I could switch between Kanban and list views.

• geoffb
    geoffb EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

I understand bulk importing of tasks, but that requires building a list externally. However, a native list view would also allow for rapid task creation. One of Asana's (take your pick really - Asana, Wrike, ClickUp, Monday etc) features is rapid creation of tasks - think outlining or brainstorming. Any chance that's on the roadmap?

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

Hello @geoffb, welcome to the Community!

Your idea sounds interesting, I recommend you to write a feature request of that idea in your words, and submit it using the following button:

https://community.meister.co/post/idea/MT_Ideas

Best regards.
    Andres D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hi @geoffb,

You might find this thread useful, especially @Andrew Lapidus' comment on bulk task creation (although his top tip relies on having an existing list).

Best,

Miša