[RESOLVED] Why doesn't an E-Mail sent from Scanner appear in MT anymore?

sts77
sts77 EN Basic Posts: 3 Beginner
edited March 2023 in Ask the Community

Hi,

it worked for months that we scan documents via a triumph adler 3206ci (copier/scanner) and send them to meistertask via e-mail. it has stopped, e-mails sent by the machine doesn't show up at meistertask anymore. the e-mail-adress works when sent to from outlook. other e-mail-adresses (to other lanes or from other users) don't work either sent by the machine. our admins say the e-mails leave our e-mail-system and that the e-mails are transmitted successfully.

Does anyone have an idea how to proceed?

Thanking you in advance!

Stefan

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @sts77 - thanks for reaching out and sorry for the inconvenience here.

Yes - our team just made a large update to the e-mail to task function last week which has caused some unexpected issues. I was able to confirm that e-mails without a subject are being rejected by our servers, and am tackling this issue ASAP. I'll update you with more info as it becomes available.

Best,

Andrew

Answers

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

Hi @sts77 and welcome to the community! 🙂👋

First of all, thank you for your question. I didn't know that this works (or worked)! I guess I will use that way of scan in the future too! 😉👍️

I can't help you but I'm sure that @Andrew Lapidus can give you a hand!

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• sts77
    edited January 2023

Okay, we are a step forward and noticed that Meistertask seem to deny e-mails without subject. E-Mails with subject work. This must be a change within the last weeks. Could you please let Meistertask accept e-mails without subject again please (we can't add a subject for scan-to-email in the forementioned device).

• sts77

Thanks Andrew, your answer and the outlook to get this sorted is very much appreciated.