💡Feature request: "How to..." category

Options
Samuel Schläpfer
Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 599 Community Leader

Hello together

The last few days I was trying out again and again things in the Meister Suite. I noticed that I had to search the forum/community for a long time until I found the right answer to my question, or it has not yet been answered. I have thereby spent some time with the search function.

Thereby the following idea came to me:

How would it be if the great meister community team 😉👍️ would create a section in the community called "how to...". So everyone who has a question could first enter his question/keyword there. The section would be divided into the three master programs MeisterTask, MindMeister, MeisterNote and then the respective "how to..." answers. Answers with examples and templates. Example: "how to format task description".

Think that you could get the answer you are looking for faster this way. The rubric should simply be visible on the home page of the meister community.

Would like to know how you would find it. 😉

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

4 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Options

Love this idea Samuel - we really want to make the collective knowledge base of our community as accessible as possible!!

Could you describe the difficulties you had when searching for a post in the community? Were you receiving content from other products in the Suite that were unrelated to your search? Could you not find a post you know existed?

We try format titles of posts to make them as findable as possible, but I've also noticed some issues when searching for these posts myself.

Looking forward to hearing from you and others as to their experience searching for info in the community!

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 599 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @Andrew Lapidus

The main difficulty lies in entering the "right" keywords in the search engine to get the desired result. In addition, the search function searches the entire Master Suite, which in turn displays many hits although they are not relevant. Example:

I searched for color selection/changing the font color in MasterNote. If I had a hit, it was usually not for MasterNote or had nothing to do with my search.

This makes it especially difficult for people who do not yet know the Master Suite well to find the right answers. As a result, there are some similar questions in the forum, which is of course not bad, but both sides need more time again. So the one who is looking for an answer and the one who is giving an answer.

I thought of separating the individual areas MM, MN, MT in the search, which would result in better hits. The search would generally always start with "How to...".

I was thinking something like this:

Just an idea of mine... 😉

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Options

This is super helpful, @Rooster McNugget, thanks for sharing! I'm going to reach out to out to our platform provider to see what we can do to fix our search mechanism, but also initiate a new way of organizing our community posts. I'm in total agreement that this is a hugely important topic - the more the community grows, the tougher it'll get to find specific topics!

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,379 Community Leader
    Options

Cool feature request @Rooster McNugget

and definitely worth every vote 💪😎

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.