XMind Parity: Control points on Connections

As a User, I want to alter the path of Connections so Connections don't intersect other parts of the mind map.

• Curved Connections should offer control points to affect the bezier curvature of the Connection line
  • Straight Connections should offer control points to create angles in the connection line
  • All Connections should allow addition and subtraction of control points
Tagged:
9 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Olaf Roeb
    Olaf Roeb EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 121 Star Contributor
    edited January 2023

Got my support for your request, @dnasar_coxauto . Connections are made to guide the user's focus, which should be under the control of the author of a map or node, like color and style. In general terms, I would think a curved connection should at least offer a second control point so it can change direction to an S-form.

And yes, absolutely, straight connections need the ability to be made running through free space only instead of crossing nodes or worse, forcing the user to move nodes around the connection.

• Richard Vitaris
    Richard Vitaris EN Basic Posts: 46 Star Contributor

@dnasar_coxauto starts her feature request with the words "XMind Parity." This is very important because XMind is MindMeister's top competitor. I use it in addition to MindMeister and XMind is a great product. If Meister wants to succeed it needs to make sure that MindMeister is even better and that means paying attention to features like connections because it is a core mind mapping feature.