Can Pro accounts still interact and assign tasks to people on my team with Basic accounts?

CD2023
CD2023 EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

If I upgrade to a Pro account, can I still interact and assign tasks on my projects to people on my team with a basic account.

Best Answer

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader
    Answer ✓

Hi @CD2023

and welcome to the community from my side too 👋🙂

@Rooster McNugget was absolutely right when he mentioned, that the features and the interactioins for team work are very limited for guests.

Project guests can only access and edit tasks that have been assigned to them or in which they have been mentioned.

Guests can:

• add or edit a task description
    • Add attachments
    • Create checklist entrie
    • communicate with other staff members in the comments section
    • Assign tasks to other users
    • Mark tasks as completed

Guests cannot:

• see other tasks within the project
    • Add or remove observers
    • be added to user groups

Effective team work is only possible, when you have the appropriate licences. If you want to interact with guests...especially foreign project guests...you should think about a business licence that includes roles and permissions.

If you have any further questions feel free to contact us again.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

Answers

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader
    edited February 2023

Hi @CD2023 and welcome to the community! 👋

I would say yes you can. But I think the other people of your team are probably limited with the features and may can not interact the same way with you as you interact with them.

But I'm really not sure about that. But here in the community is someone how knows it, for sure! 😉 Maybe @Andrew Lapidus, @Miša, @Andres D'Andrea and @Jörg Koper.

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• CD2023
    CD2023 EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
    edited February 2023

@Rooster McNugget, thank you for the welcome and the assistance. I personally want some of the features that come with a "pro" account like Timeline, Collapse, Automations, and Integrations to better organize my work but only if I can still interact with those who are are using a "basic" account. We are a volunteer organization so upgrading would be something out of my own pocket so I don't want to do something that would cut me off from those who have a "basic" account.

Cameron

• Channing Kelly
    Channing Kelly EN Business Posts: 59 Star Contributor

@CD2023 one of the most limiting things I see about the guest access is that guests can't view things by project in the way full users can. They just see all their assigned tasks in the agenda and that makes it a little unwieldy in my opinion.