Permissions to create new team projects - 3 questions

Bart Verheecke
Bart Verheecke EN Business Posts: 34 Star Contributor
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

1) Where can I find the permission settings for Team members so they can't create new team projects?

2) In case a team member does create a new team project, the admin of the team should always be added as admin of that project. This is currently not the case, and so the admin has to ask the member who created the project to be added as admin. This should automatically be the case, right?

3) Is there a permission setting to block team members from creating Private Projects and invite more members?

Thanks!

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Good morning @Bart,

may I ask you what kind of account you have? What you're looking for is the feature roles and permissions, available in MeisterTask Business. Professional Team Work, maybe with customers as guests too, is working best with the Business Features.

Best, Jörg 👋😉

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Bart Verheecke

Thanks for clarifying. We do have a business account.

But as the support pages state: "Roles and permissions are assigned on a project-by-project basis. If you are the administrator of one project, this does not automatically make you the administrator of other projects created by your team."

So that does mean that everybody in the Team can create new Team Projects without any restrictions? And there's no way to limit this?

Also: I notice some of our projects are owned by "Individual contributors" instead of "team members". That can't be right. I'll contact support and ask to change that.

• Joerg Koper

Hey @Bart,

you can manage your team in the appropriate area. You can reach this area via the settings of your personal account. You can adjust team security settings too.

When team members create team projects in their own (assigned) account, they can manage them in their account...and because the account of the Team member is part of your bought licences, you can of course manage the rights in the appropriate projects too.

In the info of the project, you can see who's the owner of the project and who has created it.

In the settings of a project, you can assign the desired roles and permissions to your members.

So, if a team member is creating a team project, you can change the settings of all those projects too. If the team member is creating private projects for own needs, you don't have access for the reason of private data protection.

Do I understand right, that you would like to make a setting, that your team members are not allowed to create projects with administrative rights in general? That would mean, they are not able to make any settings in any projects, they have created in their account.

In most cases, the team members need to make administrative settings in projects they are creating. After a team member has published a team project, you can of course make the desired settings again. You always have the full control over the team projects and accounts.

I hope that helps.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

• Bart Verheecke
    edited March 2023

Hi Jorg, something must have gone wrong because our Team Projects were assigned to somebody else as the administrator and I couldn't change the settings. Furthermore, they couldn't either. But it's been sorted out thanks to the MT Support teams.

An additional setting so that team members can't create no projects would be nice, but it's definitely not a high-priority feature.

• Joerg Koper
    edited March 2023

Hi @Bart 👋🙂

Good to see, that the MT Team already helped you with these problems.

Best, Jörg