💡Feature Request: Duplicate Sections or Multiple Tasks At Once

Channing Kelly
Channing Kelly EN Business Posts: 59 Star Contributor

I would be interested in being able to duplicate either an entire section, or multiple tasks at once.

Currently, I have a "leads" board and each section is a client lead with a specified set of tasks associated with that lead. Once the lead converts to a client they get moved into separate project board with a full set of sections and tasks according to the project at hand. It would be very convenient to just be able to have a section at the front of my leads board that would serve as the template and when a new lead comes in I could copy the section and begin work on the new lead.

Right now my work around is a saved checklist that I then convert the checklist items into tasks OR I have a project template I duplicate and then move that section to my leads board, but both are not as simple as just duplicating an entire section.

Tagged:
4 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader
    edited February 2023

Hi @channing 👋😉

what an interesting feature request...and worth to be upvoted. While you're waiting for more votes you may try out the following steps below:

• Create the mentioned template section...that is a good idea Channing 👍️
    • Create a new section for a new client (lead)
    • Create the desired task templates in the template section
    • Then try out to work with the selection of multiple tasks in the template section.
    • Duplicate them as shown in the picture below

• Then (multiple) select them again
    • and move them into the section of the new client

These steps for the workflow could definitely be shortened by your feature request Channing 💪

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Channing Kelly
    Channing Kelly EN Business Posts: 59 Star Contributor

@Jörg Koper this is amazing -- thank you! I kept going up to the ellipsis on the section thinking that's where I would find the ability to duplicate the multi-selected tasks. I never noticed the task count and ellipsis at the top of the entire board! For the most part this does give me a better way, though if a section contained many tasks it would still be tedious. I think I must not have been searching the support articles for the right terms. For anyone looking at this, here's the support article to show you where you will find this.

https://support.meistertask.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015802139-Select-Multiple-Tasks

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hi @channing 👋🙂

I'm happy that it worked for you and I absolutely agree, that it nevertheless makes sense to integrate your requested feature 👍️

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.