MindMeister Template - Annual Planner

Samuel Schläpfer
Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader
edited November 2023 in Tips and Templates

Hi together

I made myself a yearly planner last December for some of my larger projects. Put a picture of it here. Thought you might be interested.😉

I tried to keep the plan as simple as possible. My basis is based on construction work, e.g. conversions of apartments/offices or also new buildings. The annual plan is for me at the same time also a schedule for the individual projects. I have structured it as follows:

1st level: Year (title)

2nd level: year quarters

3rd level: months (in the respective quarters)

4th level: name of projects

5th level: Individual things/steps within the project (for me, these are subtitles for the respective contractors or work steps.

6th level: 1. possibility: schedule / 2. possibility: further differentiation of the work steps

7th level (if available): Schedule

I also use some icons to have a better overview of the status of the steps.

It looks like this:

Maybe you can apply some of this as well or help inspire your own annual planner.

Best, Samuel https://www.mindmeister.com/map/2589367359/annual-plan-2023?fullscreen=1&v=public

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

Comments

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

@Rooster McNugget

That looks awesome, Samuel 💪😎

Well explained and a good structured plan by the way. I'm sure this MindMap is a powerful one because of the mighty integrations of MeisterTask und MeisterNote. I see a lot of possibilities and options. Cool!

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Samuel Schläpfer

Thank you mate! I'm glad you like the map. 😊

Best, Samuel

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

Hey @Rooster McNugget thanks for this template!

The layout you've chosen for this one looks great.

My guess is that you create each project inside MeisterTask first, for example:

• Name of Project 1
    • Name of Project 2
    • Etc.

Then you go adding manually Things/Steps to its respective project, right?

As @Jörg Koper mentioned, running this template with MeisterTask's and MeisterNote's integrations enabled is an effective way of addressing not only the creative part of problem-solving, but its proper execution as well.

I believe your template's going to get even more powerful when this feature request gets implemented.

Can't wait to put it into practice.

Best regards!

Andrés D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Good point @Andres D'Andrea - thanks for that connection.

And @Rooster McNugget thanks so much for sharing! It kind of reminds me of this MeisterTask annual calendar.

Why did you decide to make one for this year (assuming it's the first year you've done so)? And how did it work out for you in January? Did it solve some of the issues you were facing without it?

Best,

Miša

• Samuel Schläpfer

Hi @Andres D'Andrea,

thanks for your kind words. To your question: exactly! 😉👍️ The advantage for me is that I can look at new projects in MindMeister to see where there are still capacities before I start with a project and can then schedule my tasks in MeisterTask based on the free months. 

As you said, the template is still very much expandable. Even with the feature request you talked about.

I have created it for myself as a "basic planner". This is also my first in this form. I will now link the nodes that are suitable for me with the tasks in MeisterTask step by step. But this will take a little while until everything fits.😉

Best, Samuel

• Samuel Schläpfer

Hi @Miša,

well it was my first time creat a annual planer like a mindmap. Before I used Excel to plan the year. I also thought about planning the year in MeisterTask like you have in your link. However, I personally found the overview of the year with the individual columns not so fizzy. I wanted something that I could also hang on my pinboard and immediately have an overview of the upcoming projects.

And as I said, for me it should basically be a guide through the year with certain info like what exactly is done and when it is done. So I can also plan my time and the upcoming projects better and can avoid having too many projects in one month.

Best, Samuel

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hey @Rooster McNugget!

I love your description - you've really encapsulated the strengths of MindMeister there.

I also love the idea of using MindMeister to create these printable personal calendars. Yours here is professional but personal to you. I guess you could also create a separate similar planner for birthdays for example. It's a really nice idea!

Thanks.

Best,

Miša

• Emily
    Emily EN Pro Posts: 132 Star Contributor

Thanks for sharing! I appreciate the ability to expand and collapse entire projects and quarters when presenting large projects or syllabi, but haven't ever used a MindMap as a scheduling tool before. Nice idea! 👍