Personal Projects vs. Agenda

Ren Vanderbilt
Ren Vanderbilt EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here

Hello everyone in this community.

I have a question about organizing tasks in the agenda and in a private project. Right now my tasks from shared team projects are all added to my agenda, which is very helpful for organization.

The tasks in my agenda are often complicated and require multiple steps and several collaborators to complete, so I will often break these down into smaller tasks in a personal, private board.

I'm starting to see that this may not be ideal, as this sometimes draws my attention away from the Agenda, and is leading me have two parallel boards. Does anyone have a similar struggle here? I would really just like a way to create personal tasks/to-dos out of my agenda.

Thanks for your help

Answers

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader
    edited February 2023

Hi @Ren Vanderbilt and welcome to the community! 👋

Your question sounds really interesting. Could you post a screenshot of your boards to see how you manage it now?

I also have different borads (for me or for the team) and I also use the agenda. And maybe your way to handle tasks is better than mine and I can learn something from you! 😉 Or I tell you after how I handle it and how you could make it too.

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hi @Ren Vanderbilt

and a welcome to the community from my side too 👋😉

I would recommend setting up sections in your Agenda for the days of the week if you have not already done so. The advantage of that is, that you can manage all tasks, business or private, in the related sections of the days in your Agenda.

If there is a need to create a new task out of the Agenda, you can easily do that by clicking on the plus icon at the upper edge and pin it to the desired day of the week. If you're unsure which day is best for the new task, you can create a section labelled "Waiting".

I do also recommand the use of tags, that help to separate the business tasks from private ones.

One of the most helpful features in MeisterTask is the power up task relationships. With this feature, you can easily and quickly switch between different tasks that are related to each other or to team members you're working on a project with. With this integration, you can of course switch back and forth while working in your agenda and without having to leave it.

If you have to create a new task out of a checklist (To Do), you can easily do it. All you have to do is to click the three dots in the right corner of the check mark and choose "Convert to task"

If you're not sure to have the right workflow in crating and managing projects, you may take a look at my post "How to start projects in MeisterTasks".

As @Rooster McNugget suggested, it can be helpful to post a screenshot or some more information. Feel free to get back, and we will try to help you as good as we can.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.