Is the old editor still available?

Options
Greg Ray
Greg Ray EN Basic Posts: 11 Beginner
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

The New Editor is a lot more work for my purposes (annotating student maps for a college class). The Old Editor is in almost every way preferable for my workflow.

Is that previous editor interface still available somehow? I have the "default to new editor" preference unchecked, but that doesn't do anything at this point.

Thanks,

GR

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ah - I think this should do it - you'll first need to go to preferences and uncheck the box marked "always use the new map editor"

Answers

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 599 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @GR,

I think one of those brilliant people can help you here for sure: @Andrew Lapidus, @Miša, @Andres D'Andrea, @Jörg Koper

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Andrew Lapidus
    Options

Hi @GR - I'll take a look in the backend at your account and reach out to you via DM!

Best,

Andrew

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Options

Thanks for the tag @Rooster McNugget, I see that it's been taken care of already...

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea.

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,379 Community Leader
    Options

Hi Smauel 👋😉

Thanks for the nice mention mate and good to see, that Andrew already cared 😊

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Greg Ray
    Greg Ray EN Basic Posts: 11 Beginner
    Options

Yes, I am good now. A contextual menu item to 'Open in Legacy Editor' that I had missed (or perhaps was enabled for me) does the trick. Not as convenient as being able to choose that editor as my default would be, but it works!

--GR

• khadv68
    khadv68 EN Basic Posts: 6 Beginner
    Options

Hi @Andrew Lapidus ,

Can you check my backend account or somehow enable my old editor because I currently need to use its presentation mode?

I can not see the button "Open in legacy editor" as @GR .

Thank you!

Kha

• Andrew Lapidus
    Options

Hi @khadv68! You should be able to access it by clicking the three dots (...) next to the map on your map listing. Let me know if this doesn't work for you!

• khadv68
    Options

Hi @Andrew Lapidus , I don't see it actually. Please check for me.

• khadv68
    Options

I got that button @Andrew Lapidus . Thanks for your help!