Do duplicate mind maps contain tasks assigned from mind map topics in MeisterTask?

Options
CDove
CDove EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

I want to create a master Mindmeister map along that has TASKS inside of it. If I share the Map with the tasks with people and they make a copy of it to their own account do the TASKS carry over for them?

Thank you

Catherine

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you, Catherine, for your feedback.

Based on what you are saying in Case #2- it sounds like I can no set up the tasks ahead of time for them to autopopulate in their own TaskMeister account, correct?

Being a user of MindMeister for all these years and understanding the platform in the way I do, this is how I'd tackle your Use Case Scenario:

Step 1: Create the mind map that will serve as the base for my coaching sessions

I would set up a couple of important characteristics in this mind map:

In this mind map, I would include not only the content I'm coaching about, but also a whole branch at the beginning explaining the process of:

• Creating an account in MindMeister (if needed)
    • Importing the mind map to one's account
    • The creation of Projects and Tasks from the mind map itself using the MeisterTask integration

In this step, the requirements for people to access the mind map and getting the MeisterTask functionality to create the tasks and track the execution of that you coach about, is covered.

Step 2: Once the mind map is finished and published with all the elements I described above

I would ensure to have in place the following digital distribution elements to help me commercialize my coaching services:

• SEO optimized website with a payment gateway
    • Modern conversion tunnel for users interested in acquiring my knowledge through coaching
    • Lead capturing devices in place (lead magnets, lead forms, focus items, subscription popups)
    • Marketing automation campaigns for nurturing potential buyers
    • Frequent content covering the importance of that I coach about in blogs and social media

Step 3: In case I wouldn't have the Step 2 covered already

I would send a PM to this guy who has extensive experience and an established commercial practice in those matters to get further details and open up the possibilities for my business 😉

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea

P.S. regarding the need for a streamlined process for creating numerous tasks from a set of topics in a mind map (outside the team workflow), there are good news. This is a feature request currently being implemented by the dev team, and you can track it by following this link.

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

Answers

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Options

Hello @CDove welcome to the community!

In your question, there's a keyword that makes the foundation of my response below. That keyword is: carry over.

The way to accomplish that is first, to create a Team with all your intended collaborators included, you can check how to do that by clicking here.

The reason I say that is because Meister will protect by default the information you put in their platform. This means that there's no way a Task or any element of a mind map could be seen by anybody without proper access.

Below you'll find some references on the matter of Team Administration and its importance inside the whole Meister ecosystem:

Before I conclude, you didn't specify if the users that will benefit from the functionality you described are:

1. Part of your current team of co-workers, colleagues, etc.?
    2. People not related to you in any way currently (public mind map, for example)?

My explanation above is for the Case #1.

If your scenario is Case #2, I believe the best solution would be to publish the mind map and let everybody manually create projects and tasks as they see fit, in their way and their time. You might want to include instructions in your mind map on how to do that, for this Case #2.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea.

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• CDove
    CDove EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here
    Options

Hello

Thank you Andres, for taking the time to provide such a detailed, thoughtful response. I really appreciate it.

The people will be part of a coaching program I offer, but I will not be part of their team at all.

I simply want to share a map with associated tasks for them to work on independent of me.

Based on what you are saying in Case #2- it sounds like I can no set up the tasks ahead of time for them to autopopulate in their own TaskMeister account, correct?

Thanks again for your help.

Catherine