Feature Request: Let users add their own quote(s) to the Dashboard

Options

I'm new to MeisterTask, and I'm really liking what I see a lot. So hats off on what seems to be a great product.

There's just one tiny little thing that would mean A LOT for me and probably many others. I have my own favorite quotes that reflect my own personal values and principles. I'd love it if I could customize the Dashboard by putting in my own quotes while keeping the time showing, instead of having to view quotes provided by the product.

Being able to put in multiple quotes and have them cycle through would be great. But even just being able to add a single static quote in would be good enough for me. And hopefully this would be a minor enough addition, that it could be done with little trouble.

Thanks for the consideration! And keep up the great work on this product!

8 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Options

Great idea @RhondaP, welcome to the community, and thanks for sharing this feature request. You got my vote on this one ✅

Indeed, It would add great value to MeisterTask as a product if we acquire the ability to customize this part of the UX to effectively spread company identity and values across the organization 👍

Let's hope more folks here in the community think the same and support this petition.

Best regards!

Andrés D'Andrea.

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 599 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @RhondaP, you have my vote! 👍️

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Options

☝ Some words I just added about the potential implications of this feature request 👍

Regards.

Andrés D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @RhondaP, welcome also from my side! 👋 Thanks for your kind words about MeisterTask and this great request!

You've definitely got us thinking... Being able to customize the MT quotes would be great not only for personal users, but could also have some serious potential for larger teams who'd like to customize the quotes to show their organization's values (or even to share a daily bulletin?).

I've created a point for my meeting with our MeisterTask Product Manager, and will be sure to bring this up and gauge the difficulty of implementation!

Best,

Andrew

• RhondaP
    RhondaP EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
    Options

Wow! Thanks Andres, Rooster, and Andrew. And yes I feel very welcome here in this community. I'm also happy to see the positive responses about possibly being able to get custom quotes in.

I'd originally only been thinking about how useful that is for individuals reinforcing their own priniciples/values by being regularly reminded of them. But, Andres, I think your bigger point about how that contributes to organizations is really well taken. And it's no question that I've flourished in organizations that manage well the clarity you speak about. And customizing with an org's quotes could be very powerful.

Just keep us posted, Andrew, on developments. I'll be very interested in seeing what the MeisterTask product manager thinks.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,379 Community Leader
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hey @RhondaP, welcome to the community 👋🙂

Very nice idea and a good chance to underline the individual Corporate Identity of the own business. I'm in 👍️

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.