[RESOLVED] When I embed a mind map in a note it just looks like a screenshot?

Zolltan Farkas
Zolltan Farkas DE Business Posts: 38 Active Contributor
edited March 26 in Ask the Community

Hey there,

when implementing a Mindmeister I just get an icon (s. screenshot). Is that how it is supposed to be? Because then it is better to just post a link, right?

Follow me on LinkedIn

Best Answer

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi all,

The fix for this has just been deployed! Please let me know if you face any more issues + sorry for the delay here.

Best,

Miša

Answers

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

Hello @Zolltan, welcome back.

I recently posted a response showing how to produce a sharable link for a mind map, you can check it out here:

Do you refer to that?

I mean, when you say:

when implementing a Mindmeister I just get an icon

Do you say "implementing" as the act of:

• Copy/pasting a public link?
    • Publishing?
    • Embedding?

Usually, mind maps or any kind of post carry inside many meta-tags that allow modern web browsers to index and "understand" what the content is about. That's why you might see some "icons" or "featured images" when you share some kind of posts.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Zolltan Farkas

Hello @Andres D'Andrea - you again :-)

I thought it would be possible to like see the mindmap in the block rather than just a big icon?

Is that possible if I only invite people to the Mindmeister AND to the Meisternote?

Bests.

Zolltan

Follow me on LinkedIn

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    edited February 2023

Hello @Zolltan,

Maybe this will help you:

Add a Mind Map to Your Note

Once you've created a mind map in MindMeister, you can add it to your note as a content block. 

1- Hover your mouse over the body of your note and click the plus sign (+) to create a new content block.

2- Select Mind Map from the drop-down menu.

3- Select the mind map you'd like to add to your note.

4- Click Select map to insert your mind map.

This article is the complete explanation of the MindMeister/MeisterNote integration.

The following text is related to a similar feature, but for external sites.

Embed Your Mind Map (external site)

Once you've published your mind map, you can embed it easily on any website that supports embedded media. To embed a mind map:

1- Open your mind map. 

2- Click the (i) button in the top-left corner of the map editor. 

3- Click the ellipsis (...) next to your map's name.

4- Select Publishing settings from the drop-down menu.

5- Click Continue

6- Click Sharing & embedding options.

7- In the next window, select the dimensions, zoom level and sharing options for your embedded mind map.

8- Copy the Embed Code and click Done.

9- Paste the code onto your blog, social media profile, or any other website that supports embedded media.

This is the complete article on the subject of publishing and embedding mind maps 👍

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Zolltan Farkas

Hey @Andres D'Andrea , thx for your kind support - I of course integrated it via "Mindmeister" block.

That and the other things do not work...will ask the support.

Bests,

Zolltan

Follow me on LinkedIn

• Zolltan Farkas

Hm? How do I get official support? I always land here???

Follow me on LinkedIn

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

Hi @Zolltan,

ich bin mir nicht sicher ob ich die Frage so richtig verstanden habe. Falls ja, möchtest du die Map die du in MindMeister erstellt hast zu MeisterNote integrieren. In MeisterNote soll dann die Map angezeigt werden anstelle des "MindMeister/MindMap" Symbols. Also so:

Hab ich das so richtig verstanden?

Grüsse Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Zolltan Farkas

Hi @Rooster McNugget , genau so - du siehst ja an meinem Screenshot, dass das nicht klappt bei mir...

Und jetzt wo ich deinen Screenshot sehe - es ist ein Problem von Safari! In Chrome sehe ich die Mindmap 🙄

Ticket gelöst!

Danke für die Mühe!

Follow me on LinkedIn

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

Hi @Zolltan,

ja manchmal ist es nicht ganz einfach die Fragen genau nachvollziehen zu können, auch wenn es einen Screenshot hat.

Aber freut mich, wenn es nun wie gewünscht funktioniert! 😉👍️

Beste Grüsse, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Torben Bergner
    Torben Bergner EN Basic Posts: 10 Beginner
    edited February 2023

Ich bekomme nur entweder ein graues Bild mit durchgestrichenem Symbol oder eine bunte generische Mindmap angezeigt.

Dazu noch: Kann man Mindmaps nur integrieren, wenn man diese auch gleich öffentlich zugänglich macht? Das erschwert das persönliche Arbeiten mit den Tools natürlich enorm.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hallo @owkwarddd,

Sie können jede Mindmap einbinden, auch wenn sie nicht öffentlich zugänglich ist. 

Sind Sie der Besitzer der Map, die Sie ansehen möchten? Wir haben derzeit einen Fehler, der Benutzer betrifft, die versuchen, eine eingebettete Map anzusehen, deren Eigentümer sie nicht sind. Wenn Sie darauf klicken, sollte sich die Mind Map normal öffnen. Wenn Sie zu MeisterNote zurückkehren, sollten Sie nun auch die Vorschau sehen können. Ich werde diesen Thread über jeden Fortschritt auf dem Laufenden halten. 

Hi, you can embed any mind map even if it is not publicly available. 

Are you the owner of the map you're trying to view? We currently have a bug which affects users trying to view an embedded map they're not the owner of. If you click on it, the mind map should open normally. Once you return to MeisterNote, you should also now be able to see the preview. I'll keep this thread updated with any progress. 

• Torben Bergner
    edited March 2023

Hallo Miša,

ja, ich bin der Besitzer. Es wird nur ein Symbol oder ein durchgestrichenes Bild angezeigt.

Man kann allerdings unter dem Bild auf den Namen der Mindmap klicken und wird dann auch auf die vorhandene Mindmap auf Mindmeister weitergeleitet.

• Miša Hennin

Hey @owkwarddd thanks for the info. I'll reach out to you via DM as I need some more information about the mind map to be able to investigate!

• Zolltan Farkas

Hallo @owkwarddd - auch mal Browser gewechselt?

Follow me on LinkedIn

• Torben Bergner
    edited March 2023

Ja, Browser gewechselt und sogar mit einem anderen Account versucht.

Gestern hatte ich es kurz hinbekommen, als ich an den Mindmap Optionen versucht und sie u. a. öffentlich gestellt habe (es ist eine Mindmap von mir, auf demselben Account und ich habe auch verschiedene eigene Maps versucht).

• Zolltan Farkas

Alles klar - schade! DAnn toitoitoi

Follow me on LinkedIn

• Torben Bergner
  • Miša Hennin

Hi @Torben Bergner,

The team has established that the issue is with MeisterNote not MindMeister so our MeisterNote team is looking into implementing a fix.

I will let you know when we have any further information or an estimated date for the fix!

Best,

Miša

• Torben Bergner

Thank you for future updates.

• Torben Bergner

Am I the only one with this problem, that is still not fixed, at least for me?

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hi @Torben Bergner 👋🙂

I'll get in touch with the Meister Team and will give you an update about the progress as soon as possible.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Hi Torben — a fix for this bug will be released in our next deploy (likely tmrw morning or the day after).

Sorry for the long wait here — the "reach" of this bug was quite limited to only a few accounts, and our team needed to prioritize other issues. In any case, it will be fixed within a day or two.

Thanks,

Andrew

• Torben Bergner

Okay, I understand that. Thanks.

• Torben Bergner

Unfortunately, it doesn't work properly yet. With Safari it just shows an icon and with Chrome and Edge I see the top part of a low quality screenshot of the referenced mind map.

• Miša Hennin

Hi @Torben Bergner, I'm sorry to hear this. :(. Please clear cookies + cache, quit and reopen your browser, log back into MN and check again.

Please also try deleting the content block and re-embedding the map.

Let me know how this goes.

Best,

• Torben Bergner

Tried it all. It doesn't work. Not in Chrome or Edge.

• Miša Hennin

Hi @Torben Bergner, oh no :(.

I've referred this to support. Somebody will contact you via email shortly.

Best,

• Bart Verheecke
    Bart Verheecke EN Business Posts: 34 Star Contributor
    edited June 2023

Miša, is this bug fix rolled out to all accounts? Because we also have mind maps embedded in Meisternote (using the Mindmeister block) and they still show up as a big icon.

One of our team members is owner of the mind map and we're all part of the same team.

• Miša Hennin

Hi @Bart Verheecke - I'm so sorry to hear this.

It is possible that we've identified a different issue here since the recent fix has not resolved the embed problem for a few users.

I've just referred you to support. Somebody will be in touch with you shortly via email.

Best,

Miša