Is it possible to create relationships between more than one topic?

Options
pblrapha
pblrapha EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here

I'm having difficulties relating several topics into just one as shown in the attachment below

Best Answer

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 630 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Have you tried linking the ideas with arrows (=connections)?

Answers

• pblrapha
    pblrapha EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here
    Options

Yes, but when I go to approach the floating topic it connects with the other subtopics

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 630 Community Admin
    Options

Oh sorry, I must have misunderstood. I thought you wanted to connect the four topics on the left with the one on the right. What is it that you are trying to do exactly?

• Nathanael Coyne
    Nathanael Coyne EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 56 Star Contributor
    Options

What you're trying to create there is more in the style of a concept map, something that CMap - while kinda old and archaic now - does very well. There is no hierarchy. Just concepts and relationships. It's certainly something I'd like to see Meister work towards because mind maps with simple parent-child relationships can be limiting.

• Nathanael Coyne
    Nathanael Coyne EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 56 Star Contributor
    Options

Here's a concept map mind map hybrid I tediously made - tedious because I have to individually style each connector line, Paste Style doesn't work with connectors.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,349 Community Admin
    Options

Hey @NathanaelCBR thanks for sharing this and welcome to the Community!

I saw your feature request for pasting onto connector lines here and have given you my vote as I appreciate your use case!

Thanks

Best,

Miša