🧠 Project Template of the Month: Global Supply Chain (Distribution Workflow: Business)

Options
Miša Hennin
Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,354 Community Admin
edited November 2023 in Get Inspired

Hey!

In this post, we looked at how MindMeister could be used to plan and track the distribution of goods.

Here, we're going to see the full transportation flow from all four production sites to their designated end customers ➡️.  @Nick Willemsens engineered his supply chain on geographical logic in order to efficiently distribute goods in the most cost effective way 💰. 

In this project board, each task represents a shipment. Moving the task between sections represents the movement of goods 📦. Putting a task in the 🛳 Shipped AU, Shipped US, Shipped UA section will automatically transfer it to an entirely separate project board: Transport Route Australia, Transport Route United States, or Transport Route Ukraine respectfully ✈️. This allows for much closer tracking of movement.

Project Board Highlights

Using Custom Fields to Add Important Data

Nick added a "Transport Mode" custom field to the supply chain project. This means that all project tasks will show this custom field upon creation, reminding stakeholders to fill out essential information.

Automatically Adding Tags for Easy Filtering

Nick created tags to indicate the courier, destination and status for easy and quick updates on shipments. Tags can be manually added; however, Nick also used automations so that tasks moved to certain sections would automatically receive a new tag. For instance, tasks moved to any of the Shipped sections are immediately tagged "In Transit".

Get this Template!

If you'd like to explore this template, please comment on this post and I'll share the project board with you.

Alternatively, you can import the json file attached below to your own MeisterTask account.

💡 More info on importing project templates can be found here. Note: Automations won't be imported and will have to be set up manually. You can find out more about automations here.💡

Comments

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 599 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @Miša and thx for this interesting post with this great project board!

I especially like the different automations he integrated.

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,354 Community Admin
    Options

Hey @Rooster McNugget thanks for your feedback! Let me know if you'd like me to add you to it 😊.

Best,

Miša