Why does something go wrong when I try to create a map from a map?

PJP
PJP EN Basic Posts: 5 Beginner
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

I'm trying to take part of my mindmap to make it into a 'sub-map' because my main map has become too large. When I try to do this by clicking 'Create as Map' from the bubble I want to make into a sub-map it comes up with the following error message "Something went wrong while converting your map. Please try again." I have tried logging out and logging back in again, and testing on a different map and get the same error so it's not map-specific. Is this because I only have the free version? I've tried FAQs and this forum but can't find the issues.

Best Answer

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @PJP and welcome!

Looking into this now. Just to confirm - how many maps do you have? It could be that you already have 3 mind maps (the limit on a Basic account) and hence can't create a 4th map from one of your 3.

Best,

Miša

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hi @PJP and welcome to the community 👋🙂

I'm not sure, how your workflow looks like, but I would like to show you how to create a map from a node with the following steps in a basic account:

Let's start with this step

Followed by this

Followed by this

Done

New map is available

I hope this helps. If not, please feel free to get back and the community is here to help you out with further support 😉

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• PJP

Thanks for your super-speedy reply. Yes they were the steps that I took, but after I have clicked 'Ok' in the third of your images above, it comes up with this so I cannot get any further :-(

• PJP

Ah that will be it, I have 3 maps! It would be super-helpful if it told me that in the error wouldn't it! Ok I will just need to make do with having one massive map then! Thank you so much for your help :-)

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hi!

Yes I absolutely agree with you - the error message makes it a mystery!

I'll see what we can do on this front.

Happy to help!

Best,

Miša

• PJP

Thank you :-)

• Miša Hennin

Hey @PJP just to let you know that the MindMeister Product team agrees the error message is mysterious and are looking into changing it to be clear about the issue!

Best,

Miša

• PJP

What excellent responsiveness to feedback, thank you team!

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

You're now part of the best community ever @PJP 😋😉

Have fun and reach out if there are any problems again.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.