[RESOLVED] Why has a mind map node disappeared? (It's not in history either)

Tarlochan Gill
Tarlochan Gill EN Pro Posts: 4 Beginner
edited March 2023 in Ask the Community

The strangest thing happened this afternoon.

I picked up a mindmap (MiesterMap) that I use every day, and it has a node in it that has some critical notes that I've been adding/editing the last few days.

30 mins ago, it just disappeared. Pop! Gone.

And the weird thing is, it's gone from the older versions.

How is this possible? I'm having a serious WTF moment here. :) lol (I laugh, but also not pleased)

It's like there is a bad-**** "matrix" glitch, and the notes I had made never happened.

Can someone help/confirm this has happened to them?

Best Answer

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

Hey @TC, happy new year 👋🙂

What you described is indeed strange. I have never registered any similar behavior in MindMeister. May I ask you, which Version you have used? Have you tried to go steps back with CMD or CTRL and Z? Are you the only one who has access to your MindMeister account and Maps?

You can try the following:

• Save (Export) your MindMap to your cloud storage or local device
    • Delete the cache of your browser
    • Re-Start Mindmeister (log out and login again)
    • Take a look at your MindMap (still the problem or problem solved?)

I cross my fingers and would be glad if it helps 🤞

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

Answers

• Flt Brz
    Flt Brz EN Basic Posts: 3 Beginner

Hey, guys

Happened to me as well yesterday, no collaborators, web version of mindmeister in latest safari browser. The node and its children disappeared not only from the current version of a map but also from a history, so that I can’t restore it. CTRL+Z didn’t work when the node disappeared, it behaved like I did not do anything so there is nothing to undo. Pretty scary to use mindmeister for anything but temporary brainstorming sessions after such issues

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hey @FB,

Sorry to hear about this...sounds very strange. The team would like to investigate this asap so we need some more information from you if possible - I'll reach out via DM!

Best,

Miša

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
    edited March 2023

Hey @TC and @FB,

Just to let you know that the fix for this has been deployed.

If it happens again, please let me know here.

Best,

Miša

• Tarlochan Gill

Thanks Miša Hennin,

I'm glad you found the problem. Sadly the error frightened me so much I stopped using the tool :( I lost trust in it.
    The error caused some really big problems for me at the time. Information I was collecting was just lost. For that reason, I am toying with the idea of moving any mindmaps I want to keep to FreeMind.
    Can I be curious as to know what the problem was?

• Tarlochan Gill

Thanks for your input sir.

It didn't help at the time. But thanks anyway :)

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Hi @Tarlochan Gill - sorry to hear that!

I don't have all the details about what precisely was behind the issue, but it was related to how changes were logged in the backend of an older version of MindMeister.

I understand that this was a critical issue and totally get your hesitance, but we do hope to see you back one day with MindMeister! 😀Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything I can do.

Best,

Andrew

• Fabio
    Fabio EN Basic Posts: 1 Beginner

The same problem has just happened to me, none previous version had any information that I inserted in my map (within a list of more than 10 versions - all the same).

The whole map has gone, keeped just the title node :(

So scary and annoying.

Please @Joerg Koper and team help me on this as the information is so indeed relevant to me.

Looking forward. Thanks.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hi @Fabio and welcome to the community 👋🙂

I'm very sorry for your situation, and I can absolutely understand the frustration. I'll try to reach out to @Miša Hennin. Let's see if she can give us any information about this issue.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Miša Hennin

Hi @Fabio,

As the wider issue has been resolved, it seems there's a problem on your account so I've forwarded your request to support.

The team will be in touch with you shortly.

Best,

Miša

• Ghizlane Benlamlih
    Ghizlane Benlamlih EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here

Hi

I faced the same problem. I have deleted a node by error and I was not able to undo the action Ctrl Z or any kind of action.

Is there a way to get the previous version of the map or the history ? Or even to undo the action…

Thank u

• Miša Hennin

Hi Ghizlane,

I see you're a Business user! I've referred your request to support. Somebody will be in touch with you shortly via email.

Best,

Miša