Is a map's shareable link read only or write as default? + other questions

schade_chr
schade_chr EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

Hi - I want to share online course outlines and notes with students via a standard map that they can then make their own.

I see several strategies, but don't know if they are possible in practice:

Share a map manually to each student as read-only: Too much admin.

Copy each mind map to each student - many many maps and much admin.

Create a read-only shareable link and put it in my LMS. Students can then copy the map and add their own notes. But is a shareable link read-only or write as default? 

What am I missing here?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader
    Answer ✓

Hi @schade_chr and welcome to the community 👋🙂

I'll try to help you as good as I can to your mentioned options:

1.) Share a map manually to each student as read-only: Too much admin.

This is an option, if you don't like to make the map visible in the MindMeister Universe

2.) Copy each mind map to each student - many many maps and much admin.

Absolutely agree...too much effort 😉

3.) Create a read-only shareable link and put it in my LMS. Students can then copy the map and add their own notes. But is a shareable link read-only or write as default?

You can of course share the map via shareable link, but you have to consider that the map then will also be available in the MindMeister Universe. I f you want to keep it private, my advice is to invite the students via E-Mail and set the desired privileges. You can insert more than one student in one step, separating the E-Mail-Addresses with a comma.

I hope I could help you out.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hey @schade_chr and welcome!

I think @Tatiana Torres or @learninglab@hope.ac.uk might have a good insight here.

In this post here, @learninglab@hope.ac.uk actually asked a similar question: "The tutor will create the basic core mind map, (normally with one topic in it) and then shares the link with all their live class on the day, explaining what they want their students to create. This means that the students dont have to use their limited basic accounts to input/ build the mindmap.

Admittedly this method is a bit clunky, and does have its limitations, but it works well enough.

Does anyone else use this method with their students ? or do you think there's a better way to distribute the limited paid licence model?"

Hope this helps!

Best,

Miša