Why there is no option for a fixed date in automation?

Tajon
Tajon EN Basic Posts: 3 New Here

Answers

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

Hello @Tajon welcome to the community!

I believe the main goal of automations is to enable certain functionality with pre-programmed occurrence patterns; hence, the options allow for configuring exactly that: patterns.

A fixed date differs from the concept of "patterns", and seems more like a specific use-case scenario. Could you describe a little further what that scenario looks like?

Maybe one user here in the community can come up with a solution for your use-case.

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Tajon
    Tajon EN Basic Posts: 3 New Here

Hi Andrés,

Thanks for your quick replay. Sorry for my bad English in advance as I am from Germany.

My use case:

I am planning my To-dos 4 weeks ahead. 1 column for each week and I am moving my task back an forth..

And I love the automation of setting a new date. For me it would be great to set a fixed date like Saturday the “XY”

Right now a have to calculate how many day are left until Saturday and keep on adding 7 days until I reached my 4 weeks set up.. this is a weekly useless task for me.

Regards

Matthias Tajon

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    edited February 2023

Hi Matthias, thanks for your feedback.

Since you're moving your tasks back and forth, I guess you're using the same task over and over, just changing the due date, right?

In that case, maybe one solution could be to create a recurring task automation, which generates different tasks with a certain frequency, every 4 weeks for example.

One difference of this way of working in comparison with your current workflow would be that tasks will have to be completed/archived once done, so the same activity will be tracked with different tasks over the weeks. One new task automatically created every 4 weeks.

👇 This is the help article for recurring tasks with further details about that type of automation:

Create a Recurring Task

You are welcome to write your questions in German because we have many German-speaking experts like @Jörg Koper, @Olaf Roeb and @Rooster McNugget who can give a helping hand in your native language if needed 😉

I hope this helps, best regards 👍

Andrés D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader
    edited February 2023

@Tajon

Hallo Matthias und herzlich willkommen in der Community 👋🙂

Ich habe eben mal schnell Deine Konversation mit @Andres D'Andrea (thanks for mentioning me buddy) überflogen und denke, ich weiß, was Du meinst. Andres hat die mögliche Lösung schon recht gut beschrieben.

Die deutsche Hilfe-Seite zu wiederkehrenden Aufgaben könnte vielleicht helfen. Wenn Du dazu Fragen hast oder weitere Unterstützung brauchst, melde Dich gerne wieder hier und wir sehen zu, dass wir das zusammen gelöst bekommen 😉

Schöne Grüße, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.