iPad Sync issues (even with troubleshoot, tap 4x)

Tim Strupat
Tim Strupat DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 21 Active Contributor
edited September 2023 in Ask the Community

Hi, does anyone else face a sync issue on the iPad (latest iOS, latest App version)?

Even when I try the troubleshoot version of tapping 4x on my avatar, it doesn’t sync.

Stay enthusiastic and organised!

Tim

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi all — the fix for this issue was shipped to all devices on August 25th — you can enjoy the new sync system by updating MeisterTask to the latest version on your iOS device.

Answers

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

Hi @Tim Strupat,

yes i know the issue on the iPad. I also have it. As I know the support does already know it and try to fix it.

I "solved" the problem by loggin out every time when I end work on the iPad. It's not a great clue but it helps until Meister fix the issue.

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Tim Strupat

Hi Samuel,

yes, I also have been logging in and out every time. But it's not an elegant solution at all if you work with the iPad app a lot.

I was told to tap 4 x on the Avatar to sync manually on the iPad (https://support.meistertask.com/hc/en-us/articles/4428498458130-Synchronisations-Probleme-in-iOS-l%C3%B6sen), but this does not work for me either (also not for my colleagues).

Perhaps one of the (very supportive and friendly) Meister-staff here (@Miša @Andrew Lapidus) can give us some insight into the progress of the fix. We work with the iPad a lot and one of my colleagues actually lost a looot of data on a board because of the synch issue (she entered the data on the iPad, but it didn't sync and when she logged out and in it synced the data from the browser app, all the data she entered on the iPad was gone) ://

Greetings,

Tim

@

Tim

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hi @Rooster McNugget and @Tim Strupat,

Just a quick update from our side: Our developers are aware of the issue and are working on implementing a fix.

I understand that this is frustrating and I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused in the meantime. I'll keep this thread up to date with any developments.

Best,

Miša

• Samuel Schläpfer

Hi @Miša,

thanks for the update! 👍️

Have a great day!

Best,

Samuel

• Tim Strupat

Tim

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi @Tim Strupat - sorry for missing your post yesterday!

Our team is currently doing internal testing of a major overhaul of the iOS syncing system which should be released as a beta version in about 2-3 weeks. I've added you to our MT beta testing group, so you'll receive early access as soon as this is available.

Thanks for your patience,

Andrew

• Tim Strupat

@Andrew Lapidus great, thanks!

Tim

• Channing Kelly
    Channing Kelly EN Business Posts: 59 Star Contributor

I face sync issues on my iPhone consistently. Hopefully the upcoming update will solve them!

• Andrew Lapidus
  • Tim Strupat
    edited February 2023

@Andrew Lapidus I just also wanted to leave feedback for future synch issues. It is of utmost important that they are communicated by Meister in order to prevent the loss of data, and that Meister also communicates working solutions.

Just to give you some insight into why I bring this up (this was topic in an internal team meeting we had today): We have a client (whom we recommended MeisterTask), who uses MeisterTask exclusively on the iPad. He collected and compiled weeks of data (!) in his app. After he realised that it is not synching, we told him that he needs to log out and in again in order to synch. But - and this was our mistake as well - after he logged out and back in, all the data was lost! Actually, there was no solution to save the data on his iPad app other than exporting all the boards or taking screenshots. It is an unacceptable situation, in fact.

It was literally a catastrophe (no exaggeration!), because we recommended MeisterTask to the client, he thought it is a stable and reliable app, and now he has lost weeks of important data...this also put us as Meister partners in a bad light.

I hope that such problems can be avoided in future by communicating much clearer. Given that for many, Meister is the most important data hub, it has to be 100% reliable...

Tim

• kerrylus
    kerrylus EN Basic Posts: 1 Beginner

Having the same problem: @Miša @Andrew Lapidus

When will this be resolved?

Kerry

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi @kerrylus - our MeisterTask mobile team is working out a few bugs in the new version of our mobile application's syncing system, at which point we'll release the beta version. I've already added you to our list of early adopters and will notify you as soon as the new version is available!

Hi @Tim Strupat, sorry for the late reply here, I somehow missed your post on Monday.

Thanks very much for sharing your honest feedback with us - I've just shared it personally with our dedicated MeisterTask mobile sync team to demonstrate the severity of the issue.

I completely understand your frustration here — your story describes a critical business process where MeisterTask's app let you and your client down in an unacceptable way. Apologies on behalf of myself and the MeisterTask team. I also very much agree with your comment about the communication of this issue - while we have a process for informing users of critical incidents, it was not triggered in this case, resulting a lack of communication. I think your story clearly demonstrates a failure here, and while I can't unilaterally change our processes, we'll be sure to review this process as a team for future issues.

For some context - once our team became aware of the severity of this issue and learned that a simple "bug fix" wouldn't solve the problem, our MT product manager quickly formed a squad of mobile developers dedicated exclusively to completely overhauling the mobile sync system. Because this process didn't follow the usual bug triage flow, incident communication didn't take place.

Hope this gives some context - as before, I'll be sure to add everyone in this thread to the new MT mobile beta app as soon as it's available.

Best wishes for a great weekend,

Andrew

• Tim Strupat
    edited March 2023

Thanks, Andrew, for taking the time to respond and understanding the predicament from our side!

I hope that the feedback will help to improve the process.

Looking forward to trying the beta version.

Tim

• Samuel Schläpfer

Hi @Andrew Lapidus, could you please let me know too when the beta version is available. Thank you!

Best, Samuel

• Andrew Lapidus
  • Thomas Köhler
    Thomas Köhler EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

Hi,

ist there any Update on this Issue ?

Cheers

Thomas

• Tim Strupat

I have this question too, it has been a while and there is no iOS beta. @Andrew Lapidus on 15 February you mentioned that a beta version will be released in 2-3 weeks, it has been 6 weeks now…… :/

Tim

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi Tim and others — unfortunately there has been a delay in the external release of the new beta mobile app — apologies from our side. There are still a few critical bugs to work out which are affecting certain iPhone models.

Sorry for the dissapointment, I'll update this thread as soon as I have more information.

Best,

Andrew

• Gerald Stowers
    Gerald Stowers EN Basic Posts: 12 Beginner

I am quite surprised that it is May and I am still having this issue. I am new to MindMeister, trying it as I am a MindManager user. The entire reason for switching was the cross platform, mobile features.

I just spend 2 hours on 2 maps that would not sync. To force a sync I logged out and back in and lost the maps completely. Luckily I took screenshots before I logged out, but it seems crazy such an important feature has been around since January.

Is there an update? I literally cannot create a map Or make a change to an existing map that will sync. Doesn’t that make the app pretty unusable? I feel you should have warned me as a new user of this bug that has been known for months.

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi @Gerald Stowers - sorry to hear about this issue. This thread is referring to a sync issue in MeisterTask, the task management app in the Meister Suite. Sounds like you are referring to a sync issue with the MindMeister mobile app, about which there aren't any known current sync issues.

I've forwarded your issue on to our support team, who will be in touch with you via E-Mail to investigate what might be the root cause of this data loss.

Best wishes and feel free to reach out with any questions,

Andrew

• Gerald Stowers
    Gerald Stowers EN Basic Posts: 12 Beginner

Great, thanks Andrew. Not sure how I did not notice this was for a different product. Glad to hear my issue is not wide spread. I have uninstalled and reinstalled just to see if that would fix it. Unfortunately it did not. I look forward to hearing from support.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hi all!

I just wanted to share this with you:

I thought you might be interested.

Best,

Miša

• Thomas Köhler
    Thomas Köhler EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

Hi guys,

how is the Beta Test coming along?

Cheers

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi @Thomas Köhler - based on user feedback, it seems that the beta version has solved all sync issues 👍 after a few more bug fixes and a final feedback round, it will be released to production. How has your experience been with the beta verison?

Best,

Andrew

• Tim Strupat

Hi @Andrew Lapidus @Miša Hennin, it has been more than 7 months since I initially posted about this issue. And I see that very recently, a few other users complained about this.

Unfortunately, with this not being solved, we find it very difficult to recommend MeisterTask to our clients, because many work primarily with the iPad. We simply cannot tell them that MT works well on the iPad, because it does not.

We honestly are a little surprised (and disappointed) that it still has not been resolved, since it is such a severe issue (one of our team members lost (!) a lot of important data because of the bug).

Tim

• Andrew Lapidus
    edited September 2023

Hi Tim — the new sync system for MeisterTask mobile (previously on beta) was shipped to all devices on August 25th. Since then, our dev team reports that most sync issues have been resolved.

Have you or your clients updated to the latest version of MeisterTask and experienced these issues since this date? I'm forwarding your case to our development team for additional investigation.

Best,

Andrew