Better linking of maps

Nathanael Coyne
Nathanael Coyne EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 56 Star Contributor

I like the feature to break off a topic into a new map using the "Create as map" menu item (although could use a more precise label).

But when you opt to link to and back from the new map it implements links the same way as all hyperlinks, which means you need to click on the topic then select the hyperlink:

Inter-map links are special and I'd like to see them handled differently.

Additionally, just link hyperlinks, the link opens in a new tab regardless of whether you already have that map open in a tab. So if you click to navigate to a map, and then click there to come back you now have three tabs open, and it means re-rendering the map which isn't fast.

Both these drawbacks might be just enough to dissuade me from breaking a big map down into smaller maps and separate files.

Maybe not. Just a thought.

How about? (and vice versa from the parent end)

8 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• JoiedeVivre
    JoiedeVivre EN Basic Posts: 65 Star Contributor

+1 Agreed - different icon for a mind map link vs. attachment link vs. URL link would be excellent!

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

I like this idea @NathanaelCBR! You have my vote!👍️

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Jens Brinch Moeller
    Jens Brinch Moeller International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 30 Star Contributor

I like this idea @NathanaelCBR! You have my vote!👍️

Best regards,

Jens Brinch

##################

Follow me on LinkedIn and at Kaje Engineering

• Oliver Wich
    Oliver Wich DACH Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 80 Star Contributor

YES! Map linking forward and backwards would be super important especially for personal knowledge management! Please implement that (again - i am pretty sure it worked in the old editor that way) 😎

Uspkilling Enthusiast. Empowering a new Generation of Legal Experts.